I rename goku to boku and dragon ball wit serpent balls then is it a fan game
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
I rename goku to boku and dragon ball wit serpent balls then is it a fan game

We're not going to have the "fangames are oppressed" conversation here. I suggest you take your grudgewank elsewhere. It's worn, annoying, unproductive, and off topic.
I was actually been serious for once.
I don't think Ter and Yutty want to talk about anything that even remotely plays like a fangame to be honest. You can name it Super Magic Mega Supreme X and have completely "original" code, artwork and lore, but if it plays like a garbage fan game, it's no better than a garbage fan game.

The term fan game has just come to encompass any poorly designed rip-quality games that serve no purpose other than for someone to say, "I made a game." I would actually love to see a decently built game based on an existing IP, but it's like people are completely drawn and forced to the canon lore and can't wrap their heads around "alternate universe" style settings where the factions or races are actually balanced.

I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but there's actually a Naruto fan-game that ISN'T an RPG, it's a side-scrolling fighting game and, I'll be honest, I had a lot of fun with it. It was a bit ham-handedly balanced and could definitely use a lot more polish, but it was something that actually felt more like a finished product than any of these fan RPG's cluttering up the hub right now. Plus that kind of game works so well with Naruto or DBZ, because their entire animes and lore are completely based around fighting.
I don't want to talk about fangames, and I don't want to talk about not talking about fangames.
In response to Ter13
That's probably the best for this discussion. I feel like any more and it's going to get out of hand.
Yut Put wrote:
I'll be uploading on Monday.

So...
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I don't want to talk about fangames, and I don't want to talk about not talking about fangames.

fan games
There's no need for this to be open if people are just going to troll and no good discussions will be had.
Page: 1 2