ID:193493

I'm between projects and learned some things about creating expert systems so figured I'd pop back in and see how far BYOND has advanced.

Downloading it now but after reading the readme file it looks like it can do some of the things I couldn't get it to do before, so going to take a gander at it.

Just posting to say Howdy to everyone (looks like the community has grown by the way...)

Regards,
Gabriel
Welcome back, Gabriel! Long time, no see.

The community has swollen a lot recently, with many new designers. Some are excellent, some are not so excellent, but they all are fairly nice, most of the time (people who use BYOND simply to play DBZ games are often another story).

There's tons of new features, most notable (in my opinion) being the plentiful mouse features, like drag and drop, or mouse down and mouse up events.
Gabriel wrote:
Just posting to say Howdy to everyone (looks like the community has grown by the way...)

Wow! Until now I've only read about you. I won't act like I've known you forever, old buddy, but I think you'll find the community is bittersweet, but the software is 100% sugar!
In response to Vortezz
Is this guy God? What a reception from some very talented coders!!!

In response to Super saiyan3
He's the one that started the FAQ.
In response to Nadrew
Cool, even though i dont know him I am glad he's back.
It lives! Wait, if you're here, then who was that corpse we tossed into that vat of lye? Hmmm... might be a good time to call my lawyer...

Anywho... Welcome back to the world of the slightly insane!

~X
Gabriel wrote:
Downloading it now but after reading the readme file it looks like it can do some of the things I couldn't get it to do before, so going to take a gander at it.

If you haven't already, download the Beta and check the Beta notes -- some of the most useful BYOND features ever have been added in the last month.
In response to Deadron
Deadron wrote:
Gabriel wrote:

If you haven't already, download the Beta and check the Beta notes -- some of the most useful BYOND features ever have been added in the last month.

these new features are god. I love them!
In response to Super saiyan3
Err, I'm hardly god... I barely knew BASIC and a little C (okay, I knew BASIC really well in the 80's) when I discovered DUNG which later became BYOND. Deadron was the one that always pointed me in the right direction -g-.

I started the FAQ's but couldn't keep it updated after the first six months or so which led me to find someone else to take over the project.
In response to Deadron
Downloading now, it sounds exciting!
Hi Gabriel! Good to see you.

Z
In response to Zilal
Hey Lady Z! How's your MUD going?
Well, I don't know you. But, I've heard lots about you! I am glad to see that more people are coming to (and back to) BYOND. Look forward to seeing you around.

-Sariat
In response to Gabriel
Gabriel wrote:
Hey Lady Z! How's your MUD going?

It is coming along. (I am not only Lady Z, but LayZ too)
In response to Zilal
It is coming along. (I am not only Lady Z, but LayZ too)

Hmm, that seems to imply that it is *not* coming along. ;-)
Heya. I'm new here, but I'm glad to meet you.

With regards, LoW <!-- =-P -->

[Edit] Editorial time! I would like to request HTML comments, at least on a one-line basis! Not allowing tables is fine and all, but one-line comments can surely be allowed... [/Edit]
In response to Lord of Water
[Edit] Editorial time! I would like to request HTML comments, at least on a one-line basis! Not allowing tables is fine and all, but one-line comments can surely be allowed... [/Edit]

For the specific reason of hiding something until the rare chance that someone hits the Reply with Quote button instead of the Reply button? I think that's too much of a niche market.