ID:1935524

Hey guys...

I been workin on a lil project on my off time from the crazyness of life... and here's screenie... it's kinda like a semi-turn based real time combat simulator... I'm using DBZ hyperdimension sprites for now since they're easy to use but the game had real life physics and formulas under the hood doing the punching and dodging calculations

https://gyazo.com/7cacab89812d724a82d7cec90640fea7

https://gyazo.com/41fcb2b708974515f2e38fbbbeb4ab26
Yeah, that isn't too bad. Seems kind of clunky but there is a concept there, I suppose.

Perhaps if you change those onscreen buttons to macros it will feel more fluid touching a key for those actions than it would clicking them on screen.
Added 1 more pic, lol

Yeah maybe change them to macros but I dont want to really make it a fighting game, it's going to factor in mind and soul stats as well which will handle reaction timing and whatnot... and give people time to think about their fighting strategy.. once I get more moves in.. lol
In response to Phennexion
I suppose that would work well if byond games could be played on touchscreens (and work, I don't know if they have that functionality or not). I suppose they do?

In my mind, it would be a lot easier to just hit the combo sequence for a move (like ctrl+e or something) instead of clicking a button on a screen (and people can click spam and key spam so really there is no difference other than the *feel*).

That would factor in the skill required to hit those combo sequences without just clicking on a button.
Haha maybe on a surface tablet... or an smart device running microsoft remote desktop... still clunky. but fun to try to proof of concept atleast....

The dream is that people can touch battle eachother using characters they train online and offline using smartphones and tablets.

The reason I didnt include combos yet (aside from punching being ridiculously complicated already) is that I want the battle to sway back and forth depending on people's decision, ie taking advantage of an opponent off balance they'd chain a bunch of those little circles together to build the combo if they built up to it and special moves would appear
That would be pretty cool.
You know what else I think would be cool? If you could somehow make those buttons invisible (or something) and put them as zones on the fighters so people had to actually click where they wanted to hit and how. That would be a very interesting concept to try in my opinion.

Then you could make the punching/kicking into stances that people had to be in to execute certain combos. That would provide different fighting styles per individual!
Oh yeah eh!!.. hmm i'll have to think about how to work that in! :) thx for input!
Quiet welcome, I love brainstorming and I am good at design, if I do say so myself! :)