ID:1935723

I make pixel perfect fonts. I am also obsessed with proper pixel perfection in ttf fonts and font readability. I'll be including any fonts I make here in this thread. Feel free to throw fonts on this list too, but make sure they are free, they have a permissive license, and be sure to credit the creator. Please include Ascent, Descent, and letter/line spacing information.

Please also include a preview of the font at 1px scale in DreamSeeker with a white background and a black foreground using the following maptext string for the preview:

"<font face='[FONT NAME]' size=3>ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ<BR>abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz<BR>0123456789<BR>~!@#$%^&*()_+`-=\[]\\;',./{}|:\"&lt;&gt;?</font>"

Quick guide to terminology:

Ascent = the distance from the baseline of the font to the top of the line.
Descent = the distance below the baseline of the font that characters can descent.
Letter spacing = the distance between letters
Line spacing = the extra distance between lines

UberBit7 by Terrey West:

Standard Dimensions: 4px by 7px (1px letter spacing)
Line information: 10px ascent, 3px descent, Line spacing 1px, line height: 13px
Pixel perfect at: size=3 (12pt)

Spellswept by Terrey West:

Standard Dimensions: 6px by 7px (1px letter spacing)
Line information: 10px ascent, 4px descent, Line spacing 1px, line height: 12px

NEStalgic8 formatted by Terrey West, design based on Enix's Dragon Warrior NES:

Standard Dimensions: 8px by 8px (8px letter spacing)
Line information: 7px ascent, 1px descent, Line spacing 0px, line height: 8px

ANSIble by Terrey West, design based on ANSI terminal fonts:

Standard Dimensions: 8px by 8px (0px letter spacing)

ANSImbol by Terrey West, design based on ANSI terminal fonts:

Standard Dimensions: 8px by 8px (0px letter spacing)

LilBits by Terrey West

Standard Dimensions: 3px by 5px (1px letter spacing)
Line information: 7px ascent, 2px descent, Line spacing 0px, line height: 8px

IttyBytty by Terrey West

Standard Dimensions: 3px by 4px (1px letter spacing)
Line information: 6px ascent, 1px descent, Line spacing 1px, line height: 8px
cool
Just added another font. It's one I designed a few years back but never converted into a TTF. I've probably got 60-70 more fonts in bitmap form on this hard drive. When I get time, I need to batch convert them.
Your fonts are very clean and beautiful; consider me jealous.
Just added another font. It's one I modeled after an NES game by the name of Dragon Warrior. Some of the symbols I created by hand without referencing the game. The font itself is actually a monospaced font, conforming to a mandatory 8x8 block per letter. I took some liberties with the original font as well, allowing some below-baseline pixels. The glyphs pretty well fill the 8x8 area and there may be some ambiguity in the symbols because of it. I didn't do the extended language support for this particular font like I did with UberBit7.

Also, for the love of god, don't sue me, Silk.

Also, Happy 30th anniversary, Dragon Warrior! (In uh... 2 months and ten days, that is)
What's the usage agreement for using UberBit7? Just give credit?
Just don't sell it as your own. That's basically it. For commercial use, I don't mind so long as it's part of a work and not the commercialized work. I am always interested in seeing what people do with my stuff though, so let's call it a "Tickle my fancy" license.
Gotcha boss. Thanks.
Two more fonts have been added. They are meant to be used in unison to allow you to display the entire classic ANSI character set. Unfortunately BYOND's strings don't support many of the control characters, so you have to use some CSS tricks to make it work properly.

ANSIble contains all of the normal characters, while ANSImbol contains the symbolic characters. Symbolic character groupings that were invalid were regrouped in sequence starting at x33.
Beautiful
Is your screen tiny and tiny and small? Do you want to be able to render maptext without it getting stuck in your tiny renderer?

Well come on and download LilBits, my newest font. It's just the right size to accommodate all your tiny font needs. it's just like a normal font, but smaller.
I don't really know how to make fonts, but I wanted a little 5x5 for a project. I'm not sure what all the dimensions and line info are... Monospaced 5x5 font.

http://files.byondhome.com/Flick/TinyCrawl.ttf

IttyBytty has been born. She needs some grooming before she's ready to be added to the pile. IttyBytty was conceived to be a monospaced 4x4 font. Because of the metrics being so obscenely tiny, it's an all-caps font with only a handful of punctuation signs.

@Flick: When I get a few minutes, I'll clean your font and repost it with proper metric information and make sure that it occupies a 5x5 area on all letters with no trailing space between lines.

That is, if you are okay with my mucking with TinyCrawl's private bits.
Have at it :)

https://fontstruct.com/fontstructions/show/1354831/ gooberfont
This is the font I've created and revised over a few years. It's a monospace 10x10 font. It covers the basic 32-127 ASCII glyphs.
Nothing I made, but I found it a pretty fascinating page. Thought you might like it.
http://int10h.org/oldschool-pc-fonts/
After a stupidly lengthy delay, IttyBytty's extended character set has been completed. She is a 3x4 standard character font, though certain characters rise up to 5px high from the line basis. There is a 1px descent, meaning the font takes up a minimum of 6px per line, with 2px of extra space around the font to make lines an even 8 pixels.

Like most teacup breeds, this font is useless, and probably riddled with defects.

(Squint harder if you can't see it.)