ID:193633

DBZ is a gendre of a game that has drilled itself into an unresuable hole. I appluade people like ren and stealth who are trying something new. I have seen there games i can tell you from a decent perspective that those 2 different types of games are going to be what is keeping byond running.

-HOMES
Homes123 wrote:
DBZ is a gendre of a game that has drilled itself into an unresuable hole. I appluade people like ren and stealth who are trying something new. I have seen there games i can tell you from a decent perspective that those 2 different types of games are going to be what is keeping byond running.

DBZ isn't a game genre; RPG is a game genre. DBZ games are a deplorable subset, some crass offspring of fan obsession and RPG.

At perhaps one or two games, it might not have been quite so bad, but the DBZ games started inbreeding and now we're littered with the toothless banjo players of the BYOND community, and the me-too morons who write them. Even where original concepts come into the world of DBZ fan games, like some yokel defying tradition to marry outside his family tree, it won't be enough for the result to come out untouched by generations of damage. DBZ games are the intellectual equivalent of living a Jeff Foxworthy joke, in part because DBZ itself has the intelligence and coherence of a dancing refrigerator.

The reason DBZ games drilled into a hole was that they started off in one. Dragonball Z doesn't have even remotely the richness of story and universe needed to support a plethora of fan games or fan fiction. Showing some slight originality in the process of making yet another DBZ game (among dozens) will only widen the hole; it will be largely a waste of what little creative effort goes into it. Those who actually are capable of creating something a little new and different shouldn't sully their achievement by making it a DBZ game, thereby slicing the originality out of it.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I believe that the one aspect of dbz games that the fans of dbz enjoyed are being able to turn ssj. That has been played out so much that frankly i dont really enjoy dbz gmaes like i used to. I bet alot of people feel that way.

-HOMES

-PS... WHAT THE HELL IS A DANCING REFRIGERATOR??
In response to Lummox JR
At perhaps one or two games, it might not have been quite so bad, but the DBZ games started inbreeding and now we're littered with the toothless banjo players of the BYOND community, and the me-too morons who write them. Even where original concepts come into the world of DBZ fan games, like some yokel defying tradition to marry outside his family tree, it won't be enough for the result to come out untouched by generations of damage. DBZ games are the intellectual equivalent of living a Jeff Foxworthy joke, in part because DBZ itself has the intelligence and coherence of a dancing refrigerator.

Now that's writing.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
DBZ itself has the intelligence and coherence of a dancing refrigerator.

DBZ Appliancia: The Legend of the Dancing Frigidaire
In response to Homes123
It's something you put food into, and it dances.

--Nadrew
In response to Homes123
Hey, aren't you that evil hacker everyone keeps talking about?
In response to LexyBitch
LMAO, Ok lets get this straight, Homes is not a hacker, someone said someting about the name and the name of the person was named "Homes" but it is not this homes he is a harmless Byonder notin more and trust me I know cuz we talk alot and he is my friend, and that one post he made a while ago that was really rude he did that for some odd reason but didn't mean it..

Stealth2k
In response to Stealth 2k
Straight is waaaay over-rated... but let's get this clear... no one this forum cares, nor has ever cared, whether or not Homes123 is a hacker, except for Homes123. I'm only needling him.
In response to Homes123
Homes123 wrote:
I believe that the one aspect of dbz games that the fans of dbz enjoyed are being able to turn ssj. That has been played out so much that frankly i dont really enjoy dbz gmaes like i used to. I bet alot of people feel that way.

-HOMES

-PS... WHAT THE HELL IS A DANCING REFRIGERATOR??

Lummox,
Ever feel like you're wasting your breath?

-James
In response to Jmurph
Jmurph wrote:
Lummox,
Ever feel like you're wasting your breath?

Heh. Sometimes, though I feel the inbreeding analogy was so clever that I'm still incredibly proud of it, even if the DBZ crowd doesn't quite get it.

"Maw, the guy on ther screen is maykin' fun of anime agin!"

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Heheheh, very true.

-James
In response to Jmurph