In response to Lavenblade
No offense taken, I just wanted to explain my choice of start date.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who donated during the event! Have a happy autumn season!
Question. Wouldn't it benefit BYOND more if you encouraged people to get other people to give BYOND money? Such as through BYOND credits and game subscriptions? That way it's self-sustaining and doesn't rely purely on solicited means.

Obviously what you've done was still good. And I appreciate it. However, I think it's about time people start marketing their products. They're taking so long to utilize those features. Hell, the game can still be free but with a subscription for some small added benefits. Most of the games don't even have an option. And BYOND credits for cosmetics in any game is typically a way to roll in money. :P
What, you mean make games people want to play?

That's Unpossible.
In response to Xirre
would work if BYOND had games other then fan games that actually got players. And we all know they can't make money.
= People that think BYOND games worth money (top kek)
In response to Lugia319
It is funny that anyone thinks money is worth anything at all.
It isn't.
In response to AERProductions
AERProductions wrote:
It is funny that anyone thinks money is worth anything at all.
It isn't.

Sorry, can't hear you from my comfortable living conditions and life of luxury. Anyone that thinks that it's better to be poor and struggling than to be wealthy and living comfortably is clearly poor and struggling and in denial.
In response to Lugia319
S-Spare some ramen, sir?
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
would work if BYOND had games other then fan games that actually got players.

...Are you... You know... Y... I... You... I...
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
S-Spare some ramen, sir?

MORE? YOU WANT... MORE?
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
= People that think BYOND games worth money (top kek)

Funny thing is... I know people are coming to BYOND briefly and spending ~$5.00 on subs/credits. I don't know if you know this, but, that money can add up to become far more than anything anyone donates. It's not like people are even being given much of a reason to donate/become a BYOND member. Kappa.
Totally didn't understand that Ter lol.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
Question. Wouldn't it benefit BYOND more if you encouraged people to get other people to give BYOND money? Such as through BYOND credits and game subscriptions? That way it's self-sustaining and doesn't rely purely on solicited means.

Not sure who this question is for, or if it's directed at the general community. If it's for me, I saw something I could do in the short term to hopefully help BYOND, and did it.

Getting others to develop good games that bring in subscription revenue is certainly ideal (and has been mentioned by Tom as the ultimate goal), but is by no means an easy or straight-forward task. Nor is it one that is realized in the short term. Your free server hosting is definitely one step in the right direction. I'm not sure what part I should play in it.
I'm in the process of paging all of the NEStalgia Steam keys to donors. It's slow going because the spam filter keeps blocking me, but I'll get them all sent out this evening. If you specified in this thread that you'd like me to send your key to someone else then I'll just be paging it directly to that person.

[EDIT] DarkCampainger is awesome and just sent me a list of all the contributors. However, if you somehow don't receive your NEStalgia key by the end of the evening then please let me know. You can reply here or email me at [email protected]
I can't respond to you cause I'm still banned from your page for something that happened a long time ago. I got a key from you when you did the podcast, so you can give it to someone else if you'd like. Or I guess anybody can have it.

Any takers?
In response to Lugia319
You don't have to be concertedly wealthy to live in luxury, you just need to know how to use your resources properly.
In response to AERProductions
AERProductions wrote:
You don't have to be concertedly wealthy to live in luxury, you just need to know how to use your resources properly.

The more you got, the higher the margin of error. There's literally no reason to not get as much money as you can.
In response to Fugsnarf
I'd appreciate it :))), also is the nestalgia key donation giveaway still going on?
Page: 1 2 3 4