ID:1938218

BYOND Version:508
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit
Web Browser:Opera 12.17
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
In the SS13 game, object sprites do not match the actual location of the objects. To point at the object, I have to place the mouse cursor slightly to the right of the sprite of said object. The effect is nearly nonexistent at the left side of the game window and most prominent at the right side.
I have found out that turning the "Use graphics hardware for displaying maps" (BYOND > Settings > Preferences > Games) option off solves the problem. However, if I log into the server Baystation12 (byond://baystation12.net:8000), the option is forced on again, and the problem reinstates. Another server, Animus Blue (byond://ss13.ru:2507), does not force the option on. Their coder has redirected me to the BYOND forums, claiming that the issue is out of their control.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Launch BYOND.
2. Enter server byond://baystation12.net:8000.
3. Observe or join the game.
4. Attempt to target an object with the mouse.

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
"Use graphics hardware for displaying maps" option should not cause such an effect.
Logging on Baystation12 should not force this option on.
Actual Results:
"Use graphics hardware for displaying maps" option creates a warping effect that creates a mismatch between visual and actual positioning of objects.
Logging on Baystation12 (byond://baystation12.net:8000) forces that option on.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?Every time I play SS13 with the "Use graphics hardware for displaying maps" option on.
In other games?Lifeweb (address unavailable) does not have that problem.
In other user accounts?Approx. 3 years ago, using another account, I do not recall having such a problem.
On other computers?Approx. 3 years ago, using another computer, I do not recall having such a problem.

When does the problem NOT occur?When the option "Use graphics hardware for displaying maps" is off.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? Approximately 3 years ago I do not recall having such a problem.

Workarounds: Turning off "Use graphics hardware for displaying maps" option (impossible at the Baystation12 server).

Which 508 build are you using? There were a couple of errors related to the sprite drawing and mouse hit detection that were fixed in later builds.
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Which 508 build are you using? There were a couple of errors related to the sprite drawing and mouse hit detection that were fixed in later builds.
508.1229. It says it's the latest stable build.
You mean 1299?

I'm going to need a more reliable demo that shows this problem in action. Joining a remote server to see this is really not a viable way to test the bug.

Screenshots could be helpful, so that I can see how the map is being drawn.
In response to Lummox JR
1299, sorry.
http://i59.tinypic.com/i6kwug.png
This is the screenshot illustrating the problem.
This could be caused by baystation using some kind of offset.
In response to ErikHanson
Their coder did tell me it was a BYOND issue.
Logging on Baystation12 should not horse this option on.

This option is forced on deliberately, our lighting system doesn't work properly with it off.

This could be caused by baystation using some kind of offset.

Ascimator's the first user I've seen have this problem, it's unlikely to be caused by BS12. Possibly something going on between BYOND and graphics drivers.

Ascimator, have you tried updating graphics drivers? What GPU do you have?
In response to GinjaNinja32
AMD Radeon HD 6370M. The auto-updater told me I have the latest driver version.
Do you have a demo for this yet? Or at least a link to a codebase I can run myself that reliably shows the issue?