ID:1938267

(See the best response by Ter13.)
Code:
.winset "SET IMAGE PROPERTY TO SELECTED VERSION.PNG FOR THIS BUTTON? SET IMAGE PROPERTY TO UNSELECTED FOR BUTTON 2; SET IMAGE PROPERTY TO UNSELECTED FOR BUTTON 2...")

Problem description:
I'm pretty sure that's the code I would need to write in the buttons' command box to change both the clicked button's image to a selected file version, and the other 11 button's image to an unselected version.

The problem with this, is that it is horrific and a violation of the geneva conventions (imho) to expect me to try and manage what is, for all intents and purposes, a short story of winset parameters - especially when this short story is contained within a teeny tiny little single-line text box.

Is there at least a way to use .winset from a .dm file (so that the button actions are still done client-side)? Or perhaps a clever trick to be able to copy and paste the same 'short story' blindly into all 12 buttons, by referencing the button's label value within winset?

Or am I bound to tediously piecing together 12 different combinations of 12-elemenet long ?-operator winset commands; only to risk having a seizure if I ever find out I need to edit the file names, or bug-check the command lines, or view/edit the commands in any way??

/saltiness
Best response
You can call longer winsets from javascript in an embedded browser. You can call a javascript function on the client-side using .output.

DM files only run on the server.
In response to Ter13
Could you give me an example of how to do this? Or perhaps link to a demo of it?