ID:1938323

I'm toying with the idea of making space travel a board game que as a means of travelling from planet to planet. I have the basics of the board down but, am looking for creative ways to move along. How do I go about including dice and turns in a board game when there's really one player on the board? I'd like to make this kind of fun and more than just a bothersome feature unwanted by players. Yes, it is a DBZ Fan Game. The larger ships are capable of multiple passengers and in the future will be expanded to have an "inside" view of the ship where they can train (if the ship is equipped) or socialize or goof off while someone pilots or turns auto-pilot on. Just looking for more ideas to expand off this?
Result of off top brainstorm after reading your post:

You could have a card drawing system. The player would draw a card each turn. There could be cards that cause you to lose a turn or take another turn; reward cards that grant various benefits, like an extra dice roll, or maybe some resources from a space-mining expedition (if that's a thing), etc. There's a lot that could be done really.
I like the idea of the cards thing. I'll add that to the list. Thanks.