ID:1938522

Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Say if I want to allow per-client modding in my game, but I don't want to bloat my server with every client's custom icons and music, and code every visual thing in as images. Currently, there seems to be no way to do this. It seems that Dream Seeker doesn't detect changed resource files, probably because their locations in the .rsc has changed as well. So all I want to do is to support client-sided icon and music modding somehow. Is this possible (well, possible and easy to follow), and if not, can this be made possible, please?
Tried that already, not working.
It doesn't work for modded rscs/zips, as far as I can tell from my tests.
For future reference, I always check the reference of anything beforehand, preload_rsc is not something I would have missed~

And yes, I connected remotely.
To clarify, the icons get all mixed up like the addresses would get scrambled on a different build of an executable... It has undefined (as far as I know) results. Most of the time, some icons appear as other icons, and other icons appear blank.
I haven't played with preload_rsc yet, so may just be wrong, but the reference indicates that to re-load the resources, you'd have to change the name of the resource file. You'd also have to set it to the resource intended before the client checks for resources.
Yes, I know. And it says that you have to change the name of the zip file in order to force a complete refresh. I've tried many URLs many times. Also, I have done that as well, although it states that you can load the resources dynamically. Either way, it isn't working how I'd like it to work.
Okay, I've found a way to do this myself, I'll just make a tool for it for my users. Okay, great!