ID:1938644

Does this even exist anymore? I mean, I KNOW it isn't online anymore, but is there any way to like.... get host files and host it, or even just play it by myself? There is something nostalgic about the days playing that game online. It was an era in my life, and it depresses me it's no longer online.

Does anyone have any bit of hope for me? I don't want NEStalgia. I want to original DWO Silkwizard made.

Thank you. ]=
You can download it and host it, though it won't show up on the hub. People can join you using the pager or with the server IP.

Version 1.50: http://members.byond.com/SilkGames/files/dwo150.zip

Version 1.90: http://files.byondhome.com/SilkWizard/dwo_public.zip
Fast reply from the creator himself. Thank you Silk. :)

If you don't mind my asking, what reason is it that the game isn't online anymore/showing up on the hub? Was there a legal issue or something?
In response to Hiei
Hiei wrote:

If you don't mind my asking, what reason is it that the game isn't online anymore/showing up on the hub? Was there a legal issue or something?

Yep. SquareEnix has been known to be VERY aggressive with their IP.
In response to Lugia319
Lugia319 wrote:
Hiei wrote:

Yep. SquareEnix has been known to be VERY aggressive with their IP.

Figured as much. That's such a shame.
No, we were never contacted by Square Enix. I just took it down because it's super old and I wanted to avoid confusing potential players interested in NEStalgia.
In response to SilkWizard
SilkWizard wrote:
No, we were never contacted by Square Enix. I just took it down because it's super old and I wanted to avoid confusing potential players interested in NEStalgia.

They look identical to me. But hey, change some names, it's all original, amirite gaiz?

But BYOND was contacted by Square Enix and that's why ALL FF games are down.
SilkWizard wrote:

Oh. I guess that makes sense too. Looking at it from a business kind of perspective, especially with how NEStalgia turned out (and I do like it BTW)

I hope you keep these games pumping out over time Silk. You have a knack for it.
In response to Hiei
Hiei wrote:
I hope you keep these games pumping out over time Silk. You have a knack for it.

Thanks! I'm actually working on a new game that should be in beta testing in the next six months.
scoop plz is it another RPG? Hope so.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:
scoop plz is it another RPG? Hope so.

More of a MOBA with a heavy focus on the RPG elements. Basically DotA mixed with Proelium and NEStalgia.

I talked about it more in depth with Ter13 and Yut Put on their last podcast, which should be downloadable at some point.
I haven't had time to do editing and cleanup like I thought I would. I'm just gonna put the raw audio into dropbox for anybody that missed the podcast.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bs3grhqvg7ac3sf/Podcast2.mp3?dl=0

Unfortunately, the best 30 minutes of the entire thing got destroyed by my horrible setup. Sorry everybody. The last podcast was a disaster. It was never supposed to be me taking the lead.

Silk's plug is at 27:00
Like Proelium? Boy, what I'd do for a game online like that now. (That's active)

I bought Fat Princess hoping honestly it was going to be like Proelium, but it felt empty.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Sorry everybody. The last podcast was a disaster. It was never supposed to be me taking the lead.

It's okay. Yutty had to get his putty muddy, we understand.