ID:194060

Alright, here is a brief update on my previous rant...You can thank Shadowdarke for putting me in such a deleriously happy moood. I had "Ash's Tag" up briefly just so I could write down the many things wrong with it when my new best friend Shadowdarke came in! I was getting frustrated at this point because I have no idea what I am doing 99% of the time. After checking my game out he told me what he thought was wrong and offered to help. Well, this extremely nice guy spent at least an hour out of his own time coaching me through what I was doing wrong and being ever so patient in the meantime! I just wanted to thank him, AGAIN. And also, let everyone else who was like me know that KIND PEOPLE DO EXIST! Woohooo! :o) Um, yeah...I am done now.

Ashianna
Ashianna wrote:
Alright, here is a brief update on my previous rant...You can thank Shadowdarke for putting me in such a deleriously happy moood. I had "Ash's Tag" up briefly just so I could write down the many things wrong with it when my new best friend Shadowdarke came in! I was getting frustrated at this point because I have no idea what I am doing 99% of the time. After checking my game out he told me what he thought was wrong and offered to help. Well, this extremely nice guy spent at least an hour out of his own time coaching me through what I was doing wrong and being ever so patient in the meantime! I just wanted to thank him, AGAIN. And also, let everyone else who was like me know that KIND PEOPLE DO EXIST! Woohooo! :o) Um, yeah...I am done now.

Ashianna

It is a pleasure to help you, Ash. :)

I just want to point out to everyone else why I was willing to spend so much time helping you. She was patient, respectful, and eager to learn.

Patient: When she had trouble grasping an idea, she didn't give up. She waited until I figured out another way to describe what I meant. It is much easier to be patient as a teacher if your student is patient as well.

Respectful: She didn't impose, she was very polite, and she was genuinely thankful.

When you ask someone for help, you must realize that they aren't obligated to give you anything. I've had a number of people interupt me and become offended that I wouldn't drop my own work to assist them. A lot of people think it's rude to not help them with each request, but its actually very rude to impose upon someone to help you.

Think of something you like to do, say skating or something. Now would you appreciate it if you were working on a really tough trick, concentrating intently on it, and someone comes up and asks "How do I turn? I can stand on the board while it's rolling, but I can't turn." "What? You won't stop and teach me? Man, you suck!"

Eager to learn: Ash didn't ask for code. She wanted to know where the problems were, so she could figure it out for herself. She didn't want the answers just given to her, she wanted to know what she was doing wrong so she could avoid doing it in the future.

Everyone who wants coding help, take an example from Ashianna. Thank you Ash, for being such a good learner. :)
In response to Shadowdarke
I just want to point out to everyone else why I was willing to spend so much time helping you. She was patient, respectful, and eager to learn.

I think I know the real answer, and it can be given in one word, "She".

kidding... i think
In response to Botman
Botman wrote:

kidding... i think

LOL
In response to Botman
Botman wrote:

kidding... i think

Heh, I chose a neuter gender because I didn't come to BYOND looking for sex. I find it much more rewarding in the real world ;) I don't want to be judged by my gender, not do I want to judge others by theirs.
In response to Sariat
Sariat wrote:
Botman wrote:

kidding... i think

LOL

And why do I help Sariat so much? ;)
In response to Botman
Botman wrote:

kidding... i think

Wow, I think that's the first time I have ever heard (saw, in this case) a male saying females were superior. (So what if I twisted it a little!!) I take that as a compliment Botman, thank you! :o) hehe

Ashianna
In response to Ashianna

Wow, I think that's the first time I have ever heard (saw, in this case) a male saying females were superior. (So what if I twisted it a little!!) I take that as a compliment Botman, thank you! :o) hehe

Ashianna

Knowing you I was expecting that to end with a "I take that as a compliment Botman, thank you! :o) Mwahahaha!!"
In response to Foomer
... I'll get it in the morning ...

In response to Ashianna
Ashianna wrote:
Botman wrote:

kidding... i think

Ashianna

Eer.. your welcome. I think I've been tricked here...
In response to Botman
Botman wrote:
Ashianna wrote:
Botman wrote:

kidding... i think

Ashianna

Eer.. your welcome. I think I've been tricked here...

Yes, yes you have! *throws back her head and bursts out in evil laughter* Mwahahaha! :oP

Ashi Washi Bo Bashi Banana Fanna Fo Fashi Me Mi Mo Mashi! ASHI! :oD
In response to Ashianna

Good gravy-in-a-huge-but-brown-bucket, reading that gave me a migraine!

Vory Worty Bo Borty Vanana Vanna Vo Vorty Ve Vi Vo Vashi! VORT!
In response to Vortezz
FUFUFU FIREking FU FU......... i cant continue
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:

Good gravy-in-a-huge-but-brown-bucket, reading that gave me a migraine!

Vory Worty Bo Borty Vanana Vanna Vo Vorty Ve Vi Vo Vashi! VORT!

Nono! It's Vorty Worty Bo Borty Banana Fanna Fo Forty Me Mi Mo Morty! VORTY! :o)

Ash is your friend...... Wow, I am weird.
In response to Ashianna
Here, while you making asses of yourselves, learn some Japanese. =)

Onara atama.
Fart head.

Te o shimai nasai.
Keep your hands to yourself.

Sashimi yaro!
You cold, raw fish without rice!

Sozo ijo no mono deshita. Suiteki de atama ni anao akerarete iru yona kokoromochi deshita.
That was different. It was like drops of water boring a hole in my forehead.

Nante okina niku no katamari desho!
What a mighty mountain of meat!

Ahoka! Sodai gomi!
Shame! Public humiliation!

Okina baketsu ippai no boru, onegaishimasu.
A big bucket of balls, please.

Unagi no tsukemono mitaina nioi da.
It smells of pickled eel.

Ocha? Hai, onegaishimasu. Senshu hikoki kara orite ippai nomimashita. Sore irai neteimasen. Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu. Demo kekkyoku, watashi wa ocha ga sukidesu.
Green tea? Yes, please! I drank some after I got off the plane last week. I haven't slept since. I have many evil thoughts. In short, I love green tea.

Atsui! Yogan mitai!
Aiee! Hot as molten lava!

Watashi no huto momo o monde kudasai.
Please massage my thighs.

Ikki, ikki!
Chug it!
In response to Botman
Ocha? Hai, onegaishimasu. Senshu hikoki kara orite ippai nomimashita. Sore irai neteimasen. Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu. Demo kekkyoku, watashi wa ocha ga sukidesu.
Green tea? Yes, please! I drank some after I got off the plane last week. I haven't slept since. I have many evil thoughts. In short, I love green tea.

Basically, you're saying that you spent a good 10 minutes making a post that would have no productive use ever? ;-)

(Oh, wait, Babble. In that case, "Qui a coupé du fromage?")
In response to Shadowdarke
Shadowdarke wrote:
Sariat wrote:
Botman wrote:

kidding... i think

LOL

And why do I help Sariat so much? ;)

LOL!
In response to Sariat
In which case, here's some exclusive Vortezzian German:

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:

Basically, you're saying that you spent a good 10 minutes making a post that would have no productive use ever? ;-)

(Oh, wait, Babble. In that case, "Qui a coupé du fromage?")

Us rae ar tela, ar tela le ar ano. Ur le kaja sou. Sou ie sona kaja lanawi agaii. Sou urtira us ar tela, sou uraryn aios.

I feel I'd better not translate that.
In response to Lord of Water
Lord of Water wrote:
In which case, here's some exclusive Vortezzian German:

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!

I don't know HOW but, you messed that up LoW! LOL! It's

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

That's one of the most pathetic displays.... :oP