ID:194418

Or was there one? I fell asleep at 5:30 PM and woke up at 8:30 PM, so I wasn't really in time for it, assuming that anyone else showed up. =)

(Well, at least I got a good night's sleep after that, considering I fell back to sleep and woke up at 8 AM! =)

Oh, while babbling, I suppose I should mention our buses are on strike (and that's with $22 CDN per hour per driver, the greedy bastards), so I had to catch a ride with my, uh, grandpa, this morning. God Bless Canada!

Hmm, anything else? Nope, I'll just finish off with some spam.

Biffle!

On 4/6/01 11:12 am Spuzzum wrote:
Or was there one? I fell asleep at 5:30 PM and woke up at 8:30 PM, so I wasn't really in time for it, assuming that anyone else showed up. =)

I tried to show up, with very little success. I could see Guy and Stev0r in Sixes and then SpaceTug in the Hub, but had mucho trouble connecting myself. I managed to get into SpaceTug finally (fwiw, it was showing up as byond://gughunter/SpaceTug2/SpaceTug or whatever but that address is now invalid so I had to use byond://dantom.space.gughunter/SpaceTug2/SpaceTug instead). But about 30 seconds after I joined, the game ended and I got kicked out with a message about "could not validate BYOND certificate" or some such thing. Oh well.

I made some internal changes to Una which should make it much more stable, but I guess last night wasn't a good time for testing anyway. ;-)
In response to Air Mapster
But about 30 seconds after I joined, the game ended and I got kicked out with a message about "could not validate BYOND certificate" or some such thing. Oh well.

Oh, yeah--Z and I saw this too. It came up when world.Reboot() was executed. However, it was still possible to reconnect manually. Just as well you didn't make it aboard the Monstoro; there are still some lingering bugs I have to iron out!
In response to Gughunter
On 4/6/01 2:00 pm Gughunter wrote:
But about 30 seconds after I joined, the game ended and I got kicked out with a message about "could not validate BYOND certificate" or some such thing. Oh well.

Oh, yeah--Z and I saw this too. It came up when world.Reboot() was executed.

Can you provide some details about the game setup (how the worlds was running, etc)? This sounds like a definite bug.
In response to Air Mapster

(fwiw, it was showing up as byond://gughunter/SpaceTug2/SpaceTug or whatever but that address is now invalid

Gughunter must still be using that old address. Tsk tsk. It's my fault that the pager reports this rather than the network address in cases like this, though. Will fix...

But about 30 seconds after I joined, the game ended and I got kicked out with a message about "could not validate BYOND certificate" or some such thing.

I believe this problem is due to being in the middle of downloading rsc files when the server reboots. Do you think that was happening? I am uploading a new version of Dream Daemon that fixes that problem.

Please, anybody who sees an error message about certification failure, cut and paste the exact error into the forum so I can tell where it is coming from. This is something that I added in 276 to provide an extra level of security in the client-server connection. If it is really causing you trouble, you can dissable it by compiling with client/authenticate = 0.

--Dan
In response to Dan
On 4/6/01 8:59 pm Dan wrote:
I believe this problem is due to being in the middle of downloading rsc files when the server reboots. Do you think that was happening? I am uploading a new version of Dream Daemon that fixes that problem.

I'm not so sure. It's happened a couple times to me, always when disconnecting/connecting to a new world. I haven't paid much attention, though - I'll look for it and get more details if it happens again.

So far it's been no big deal. Reconnecting has always worked fine.