ID:194421

There is a move in Chess that i believe wasn't put in there. It's where 2 pawns are right next to each other and one goes diagnolly behind the other and takes their pawn. I'm pretty sure its a legal move cause i saw it in a how to play chess book while i was younger and i beleive the move was called the Le Pont.I wasn't sure where to post this so i posted it here.
I'm pretty sure its a legal move cause i saw it in a how to play chess book while i was younger and i beleive the move was called the Le Pont.

Good catch! I think the move is called "en passant".

In response to Gughunter
On 4/2/01 5:40 pm Gughunter wrote:
I'm pretty sure its a legal move cause i saw it in a how to play chess book while i was younger and i beleive the move was called the Le Pont.

Yeah that was it
In response to Gughunter
On 4/2/01 5:40 pm Gughunter wrote:

Yep. The term is En Passant.

Basically, when a pawn elects to move 2 spaces when it had the opportunity to take a pawn, the pawn that was spared can perform En Passant and take the original pawn by moving diagonally into its starting position.

For exapmple:
#=#=
=#p#
#P#=

#P#=
=#p#
#=#=

#=#=
=#=#
#p#=

Mr. Sanity
On 4/2/01 5:33 pm Geo wrote:
There is a move in Chess that i believe wasn't put in there. It's where 2 pawns are right next to each other and one goes diagnolly behind the other and takes their pawn. I'm pretty sure its a legal move cause i saw it in a how to play chess book while i was younger and i beleive the move was called the Le Pont.I wasn't sure where to post this so i posted it here.

I did code in the enpassant move, so hopefully it still works. Admittedly I haven't tested it in a while. It's on the docket...