ID:194449

No, I'm not screaming because I missed the GoB... I'm screaming because of WHY I missed the GoB.

I started up Jagged Alliance 2 just three hours ago, with a purpose in mind; to tackle that SAM site that I had been so afraid to raid earlier.

My strategy was sound; I had two squads of four men each, both teams arriving from the west. The first team would provide cover fire, moving into some trees on the southwestern border of the facility, while the second team would run along the southern edge of the area, flanking the enemies and coming up behind them.

When team 2 was in position to begin running, team 1 fired off a single shot to make the enemies wonder what the heck was going on and come to investigate. The first man who came along blundered into Hitman's MP5K fire, Blood's twin Glock-17s, Killy's Colt .45, and Bull's Remington M780 shotgun. The baddie didn't last long. Once the other enemies saw their man fall, they got creative, moving behind the wooden barricades as defense, while team 1 spread bullet after bullet onto them, killing several in the process. By this time, Killy (my custom-created female mercenary) had gotten hit twice, and she was bleeding a bit, so I made her retreat a little bit. As soon as she began to retreat, team 2 began moving. They circled the southern perimeter of the sector, coming up behind the control building for the site. There, they put a few holes in the people in front of the building and began volleying shots with the people behind the barricades that were formerly shooting at team 1. Team 1 and team 2 combined were too much; they blew them all away. With 8 troops versus the enemy's 15...

...but now, the frustrating part. I accidentally made Killy go off the map when I was retreating her, and just before the battle ended, I hit the button to go back to the strategic screen to cancel her movement. Yee haw. Damn thing froze, after three hours of playing one of the hardest and most strategic things in my life. But it wasn't just the GAME that froze, it was a system-wide seizure. I even had the latest patch for the game as well.

Normally, I'd congratulate SirTech on such a cool game. Especially taking into consideration that SirTech is Canadian. But now I'm feeling very angry. Very, very angry. I can't really explain in words the frustration I'm feeling right now...
On 3/8/01 9:25 pm Spuzzum wrote:
No, I'm not screaming because I missed the GoB... I'm screaming because of WHY I missed the GoB.

I started up Jagged Alliance 2 just three hours ago, with a purpose in mind; to tackle that SAM site that I had been so afraid to raid earlier.

I can commiserate...it's a really challenging, tough game, and sometimes you play and replay the scenarios and when you finally get it...
In response to Deadron
I was watching my friend play Diablo II shortly after we all got the game, and he played the last two waypoints, which I hadn't seen yet. Of course after the last waypoint there's that big area with the really tough stuff, and he was playing a paladin which as far as I'm concerned is the weakest class, so it took him a couple hours to get to Diablo. And just as Diablo was coming out... the game froze.

He'd been playing all afternoon, and of course was very discouraged, so I fought all the way back to Diablo while he watched TV, hehe. Then he came back and I watched Diablo wipe the floor with him for half an hour. Fun fun!

Z