ID:194460

Who all felt it? I did... I was sitting in math class when suddenly, I felt really weird. I looked at my desk, and I was shifting around involuntarily. I looked at the people beside me, and then I, believe it or not, smiled. =)

Though I feel sorry for the Seattle and regional residents (well, excepting Gates), I thought it was hilarious. The funniest part was the expression on my math teacher's face.

You see, Port Moody Secondary School is built on a former garbage dump. It was a very old, long buried garbage dump, but regardless of that fact the ground it is built on is essentially, a giant marshmallow.

And I was sitting in the downhill-most portable classroom, exactly where the school would collapse and slide. The teacher was staring at the school out the back windows, half bewildered, half frightened, hoping that the school wouldn't fall on top of us. Just the dilation of his pupils was enough to make me laugh.

(Earthquake Readiness Example: During the shaking, no one got under their desk. Once the shaking stopped, THEN we got under our desks. Yeah, that's really brilliant, isn't it.)

Yeesh, my first 'quake ever, and I thought it was hilarious. Kind of humbling, though, to realise that the Earth has that much power...

(Actually, I was going to post this in my computer class directly after the quake, but the Seattle lines were probably down, so I couldn't get through.)
On 2/28/01 10:15 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Who all felt it?

Didn't feel it, but Tom and I were up in the Seattle area over the weekend. I guess we got back to good old safe, earthquake-free southern California just in time. ;-)

I read yesterday that 30 people were stranded at the top of the Space Needle. I was just there on Sunday and I remember thinking, "good thing there are no earthquakes around here, that'd be pretty scary on this thing..." Ha! I'm glad ol' Mother Earth gave me a little time to get down before the rumbling started.

Personally, I think the quake was triggered by a disturbance in the Force when Bill Gates' arch-nemesis (Tom) got so close to the evil that he will one day destroy... ;-)
In response to Air Mapster
Personally, I think the quake was triggered by a disturbance in the Force when Bill Gates' arch-nemesis (Tom) got so close to the evil that he will one day destroy... ;-)

Or perhaps Bill and Dantom will rule the Galaxy as father and sons! Search your feelings... you know it to be true.