ID:194467

I, OmegaRedd, Nacho and Gazoot(I hope) is going to make a fantasy rpg in DM. The problem is we are not very good at drawing icons so we could use some help.

If anyone is interested plz mail me at [email protected].
On 2/23/01 11:23 am Kaidorin wrote:
I, OmegaRedd, Nacho and Gazoot(I hope) is going to make a fantasy rpg in DM. The problem is we are not very good at drawing icons so we could use some help.

Good luck.

Kevin

You might want to go to yahoo.com and search on "icons". They have a whole category of sites that give away free 32x32 icons. Sometimes they're in gif format, but there are free programs to convert them to bmp, and once you have them in bmp format you can import them into BYOND.

Also, let me share one of my most-often-repeated bits of advice (though not nearly as often repeated as "check your indentation"): if you're heavy in the middle of programming, don't take a lot of time out to work on the perfect icon. Just create a simple, ugly "placeholder" icon and keep working. There's plenty of time to make things look nice after the program is working!

On the other hand, when you want to do something with the game but you're not in the mood for programming, it's a perfect time to draw (or find) some artwork.

(In my case, I'm not in the mood to program or do artwork, so I think I'll finish watching "Aliens.")
In response to Guy T.
Also, let me share one of my most-often-repeated bits of advice (though not nearly as often repeated as "check your indentation"): if you're heavy in the middle of programming, don't take a lot of time out to work on the perfect icon. Just create a simple, ugly "placeholder" icon and keep working. There's plenty of time to make things look nice after the program is working!

Hey! that's what i do!

I'm too lazy to reply by e-mail...
What kind of graphics are we looking at? I'm good at some kinds but crappy at others, give us an idea of what you want drawn and I'll e-mail some samples. You might also want to check RPGmaker 2000 at This site
they have a lot of graphics in their maker that work very well in Byond.
Gilser
In response to Gilser
What kind of graphics are we looking at?

Have you looked at Tibia (notice the I), thats the kind of graphics that I would like. If you can't draw that, well we will be satisfied with whatever fantasy icons you can make (almost) ;>

We can take some of the graphics from my test game: Bojjo...
I've got some nice turfs a pice of bread and a lasergun...
In response to Nacho
I've got some nice turfs a pice of bread and a lasergun...

if you have them ready, we will use them :)