ID:194472

There are so many new names in the forum now that I can no longer keep people straight. (Especially Deadron, but that's another matter.) I hope you all show up at the GoBs so I can start solidifying names with personalities.

The Gatherings of BYOND are held on Tues. 7PM PST, Thurs. 7PM PST, and Sun. 4PM PST. That's 10, 10 and 7 for those of you lucky enough to be here on the east coast with me.

Oh oh oh... do you think we ought to put up a constant thing about the GoB in plain view? (Which for me would mean the forum page or the menu since I never look at anything else.) I suppose a GoB link on the menu and a GoB page (to which the GoB link would link, yes) have some merit. At the top it would say: "Next GoB: Tuesday the 20th at 10PM eastern eastern EASTERN!!!". Possibly without so much emphasis. Then it would go on to say what the gatherings were and how to join in. Then it would have an update from the last GoB, which I'm sure Guy or I would be happy to write and mail to our best friend Tom, who would be forced to update the page three times a week.

Oh, thought of something else. New thread.

Z
Then it would have an update from the last GoB, which I'm sure Guy or I would be happy to write and mail to our best friend Tom, who would be forced to update the page three times a week.

Last night's was a big success... we had about 6 people, I think, and played some rousing games of Lexiconomy (and I laughed out loud a few times--I'll send you the transcript if I remember). Then Spuzz previewed Knights' Bridge, which should be plenty of fun once he gets one little bug worked out.

Speaking of which--Spuzz, have you considered allowing players to choose different bridges? Now that the basic game mechanics are in place, it'd be interesting to experiment with different board configurations...
The GoB page seems like a good idea ;>
In response to Guy T.
Then it would have an update from the last GoB, which I'm sure Guy or I would be happy to write and mail to our best friend Tom, who would be forced to update the page three times a week.

Z, you're forgetting one key feature of the polaris server! Dynamic web pages! Once Tom puts in the code for it (using Deadron's trusty library), he'll never have to update it. I'll even join you in your email slugfest! =)

On 2/19/01 7:06 am Guy T. wrote:
Last night's was a big success... we had about 6 people, I think, and played some rousing games of Lexiconomy (and I laughed out loud a few times--I'll send you the transcript if I remember). Then Spuzz previewed Knights' Bridge, which should be plenty of fun once he gets one little bug worked out.

I hope I did get it worked out, now.

Speaking of which--Spuzz, have you considered allowing players to choose different bridges? Now that the basic game mechanics are in place, it'd be interesting to experiment with different board configurations...

I originally was planning on that, but I later removed that feature... I suppose, with the way I have it now, that it would work now... I had six different layouts before, but the problem was, I oriented the game to allow other players on other levels at the same time. But the code looks for 'in world' rather than 'in level', so sometimes it would expect different actions because on the other board, a push was capable but on the current board, it was not. So people would wonder why after moving, it wouldn't automatically end their turn, and everyone would be crying bloody murder, and I'd have to spend 10 minutes changing the code to check on that Z level rather than in the world. The horror. The horror.
On 2/18/01 11:50 pm Zilal wrote:
There are so many new names in the forum now that I can no longer keep people straight. (Especially Deadron, but that's another matter.) I hope you all show up at the GoBs so I can start solidifying names with personalities.

The Gatherings of BYOND are held on Tues. 7PM PST, Thurs. 7PM PST, and Sun. 4PM PST. That's 10, 10 and 7 for those of you lucky enough to be here on the east coast with me.

I should be able to go to these more regularly now, if I can just keep myself home -g-.