ID:194481

First of all, yet again, as was promised, Hunter's 'release' date has slipped. The one bug with the hunting system is beyond my comprehension, so I might actually rework the entire hunting code altogether. And that takes time.

I also have some plans for Slurpy, including a boss that appears after the first five levels (the demo is a random sampling of levels from the full game; they are intentionally difficult. The full game will have much easier levels in the beginning), and a different boss every five levels thereafter, until the final boss, Poonjab Mooharabi MCVII. Over the course of the game, you'll gain lots more interesting abilities, like the nanobooster (a turbo-charged nanite weapon), the slurpinator locomotive musculature stimulator (allows you to interface directly with Slurpy's legs and move him around), and a bunch of other fun things.

Multiship, a multiplayer-oriented version of Battleship© that allows you to fight against any number of players, is coming along quite nicely. (I suppose there's an upper bound of 999 players, if 1000 is the maximum amount of Z levels you can have, but that's just plain insane, unless we suddenly get thousands more applicants). And it has many special rules you can configure at the initial startup of the game. Realtime mode, salvo shots, deathmatch points, special weapons... and more.

Warrior is coming along, but the overall flavour of my current mood doesn't suit the design of that game right now, so it's on temporary hold.

CATs is doing excellently. I could actually demo it tomorrow, but I'd really rather save the surprise until it's a little more active.

I've decided to take StickWarz off my cancellations list, and bring it back into development. It's a fun, and easy, game to work on.

AntWorld (you knew it was coming) is developing smoothly and well. I haven't done any work on it over the past few days, though.

And there's another game coming. I'm shocked, but it'll be completely worth the time that could be spent on other things. Honest.
you have a very large number of games in production.
In response to Kaidorin
On 2/11/01 11:38 am Kaidorin wrote:

Yes and after he just promised to stick to one and get it finished.

Sigh.

Sounds like all the Spuzzum clones have a lot of work to keep their fingers busy. How do you keep them all on task?!

--Dan

In response to Deadron
Yes and after he just promised to stick to one and get it finished.

I've always had the majority of those in development... Hunter was another game that I made for the heck of it, based off an idea I got when in French class I was asked to make a board game.
In response to Dan
Sounds like all the Spuzzum clones have a lot of work to keep their fingers busy. How do you keep them all on task?!

That's the problem, I can't. Hey, you, get back to work! Or there's no dinner tonight!
In response to Kaidorin

Yes... unfortunately. =)

I've been trying to find a way to restrict myself, but all of these are such fun ideas I'd hate to terminate them. I've already terminated some of the old ones, but I have a lot of problems with perseverance... if something isn't done, or hasn't been done by anyone else, I want to get it done.

And the list of those games is only a few of the more important games I'm making. I have tons of lesser games, like Reversi, Take 15, and others in progress.