ID:194490

I'm making a presentation as part of my multimedia 11 class. So, I was wondering if I'd have permission to make the presentation about the features of BYOND? I'd advertise to everyone in my class, and I'd prove my prowess with Macromedia Director to my teacher!

Essentially, it'd be an interactive presentation that allows users to view essentially everything in the Start Here! section. Except it'd be with sounds, music, and all that. Java could do it, but Java's annoying.

Do I have the OK? I'd upload it when I'm done so you all can have a look-see. And you could even use it to appease future investors! Well, maybe not that far. =)
On 1/18/01 2:35 pm Spuzzum wrote:
I'm making a presentation as part of my multimedia 11 class. So, I was wondering if I'd have permission to make the presentation about the features of BYOND? I'd advertise to everyone in my class, and I'd prove my prowess with Macromedia Director to my teacher!

Go for it, Spuzz!

Maybe we'll get an influx of Coquitlamites. Wouldn't that be a joy? :)
In response to Tom H.
Go for it, Spuzz!

Yay! I like my intro so far. And Director lets you save as Shockwave, so there could be a web-oriented multimedia presentation... which means I'll have to skimp out on the .wav music to a few beats or so.

Maybe we'll get an influx of Coquitlamites. Wouldn't that be a joy? :)

I believe it's Coquitlamese. =)

Um, yeah. With their stories about drinking after school and their chauvinist talk about girls and the girls talking about chauvinistic guys and that, it'd be a blast. =P

But, what the hey, as long as there's people here.
Stupid Director 7.0 won't let me save the damn thing... it works in the program itself, but I can't generate Shockwave from it...

I'll try saving it as Java, but you can't trust Macromedia with anything besides Flash or Shockwave. [minute later] Lo, and behold, I was right... that didn't work. And it froze Director, too. What a moronic program!

[edited twice] It seems it doesn't agree with my truncated version of the complete song (which loops quite nicely), but it automatically truncates the song midway (which loops very poorly) if I use the complete song... hmm, can you say 'stupid'?

[edited yet again] I'll just upload both the .dir, the .dcr, and the .html. If you have Director, I pity you, but you can listen to the complete song all the way through. If you don't have Director, you can load the .html. But it sounds horrible when it skips like that. I hate Macromedia, I honestly do.

[edited for a fourth and hopefully final time]

Here's the download, and here's the link to the online one.

[download][view online]
In response to Spuzzum
Excellent job, Spuzz! I'm impressed. Good visuals, good music... it has a professional feel to it. Maybe you should balance out your science education with a minor in Marketing!