ID:194496

I'm stuck at school because I have a pair of headphones and a microphone that I borrowed from the teacher. Problem is, I put up my GoCard for collateral (it lets teens pay child fares instead of adult fares, which should be normal anyway...), and I have to leave for a physiotherapy appointment before 3:45 PDT to get there at 4:00. So I have to sit here and wait until the teacher gets back from his meeting... and if he doesn't get back before 3:30, I have to take the headphones home. And that's just plain not safe.

Crap! At least, that's not a taboo expression in today's world...
Crap! At least, that's not a taboo expression in today's world...

Heh! It's been one of those days for me too... lots of minor annoyances. The topper: today all of us with direct-deposit at work got real, actual checks, with a note that the next payday will be back to normal. So hopefully I can deposit it tonight and still have it register to cover the three or four electronic bill payments scheduled for tomorrow!

But, if that's the worst thing that happens this week, I'll consider myself pretty lucky...

In response to Guy T.
But, if that's the worst thing that happens this week, I'll consider myself pretty lucky...

Well, he just came back a couple minutes ago... and I'm off to catch the bus...
In response to Guy T.
On 1/15/01 2:57 pm Guy T. wrote:
Heh! It's been one of those days for me too... lots of
minor annoyances. The topper: today all of us with direct-
deposit at work got real, actual checks, with a note that
the next payday will be back to normal. So hopefully I
can deposit it tonight and still have it register to
cover the three or four electronic bill payments
scheduled for tomorrow!

But, if that's the worst thing that happens this week,
I'll consider myself pretty lucky...

Ouch. Considering that my bank is 4000 miles away, if I got a physical check I'd be stressing! ALL of my bills are paid electronically except rent...

In response to Spuzzum
On 1/15/01 2:59 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Well, he just came back a couple minutes ago... and I'm off to catch the bus...

Yeesh. Today was the worst day in my life. I caught the bus on time. Which was good. Then I stood all the way to physio. Which was bad. About halfway along the way, two girls stepped down into the stairwell on the bus just after the exit doors closed. The bus driver looked in the mirror, saw them stepping in the stairwell while they cried "No, they closed!", then stepped on the gas and continued to drive to the next stop, rather than open the doors to let them out. What a prick. Then I walked down the street to physio. When I was crossing an intersection, someone almost ran me over. What a psycho. Then I had an excellent session of weights, which improved my arm's range of motion to 170 degrees. Which was good (I'm just 10 degrees off from nominal range!). Then I left physio, and walked back up to the bus stop to catch the ride home. There, two different girls were talking about their periods. Um, more than I needed to know, thanks. Then the bus that goes right by my street arrived first. Which was good, as opposed to the other two possibilities, which make me have a little bit longer of a walk. Then I got onto the bus and accidentally bumped a woman in the arm with my backpack. She yanked at it and said "Excuuuuuuuuuuuse me, could you take off your backpack?!". I looked at her and said "Geez, sor-ry!", but there was no room to take it off because the damn aisle was too crowded. Which was bad. By now, I was getting a little miserable, so I mumbled things I'd rather not repeat here. Which was also bad. Finally some moron moved enough to let me slide the strap off my shoulder. Which was all right, I suppose. Then the same woman who asked me to take off my backpack... AS SOON AS I TOOK IT OFF, she got up and stepped off the bus. I felt like decking her on the spot. Which was bad (in more than one way). I stood the rest of the way home. Which was bad. Then, one stop before home, the bus driver suddenly had the bright idea to halt the bus and ask everyone to show their bus tickets or he would boot them off. Which was bad. Thankfully, I had my bus pass (and GoCard). Which was good, but I was still perturbed that he stopped the bus for two minutes when I could've walked up the street in three. Finally, I got to my stop, and climbed off! Which was great! The feeling of hatred began to boil down. Until I reached the crossroads between my street and the busy road that separated them. I swear, those damn drivers purposely try to swerve for you. One slowed down while I was waiting, then hit the gas when they were about a foot away, coughing exhaust. My anger rose. I fingered the bastard (with good cause... if you've been almost run over twice in one day without breaking any pedestrian rules, you'd be a little annoyed too), found a break in traffic, and got home.

Now I'm safe. This is probably the record for the worst day ever, next to breaking my elbow in the first place (which, if that never happened, I would've never had a physio appointment, and I would've been safe at home hours ago). I need a punching bag... not sure if that's bad or not.
In response to Spuzzum
On 1/15/01 6:53 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Yeesh. Today was the worst day in my life.

Repeat 5 more times and you are an official curmudgeon!

In response to Deadron
On 1/15/01 7:28 pm Deadron wrote:
On 1/15/01 6:53 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Yeesh. Today was the worst day in my life.

Repeat 5 more times and you are an official curmudgeon!

I think I'll pass, considering that today was the worst day in my life. The fact that it was the worst day in my life means that being a curmudgeon wouldn't be all that great of an addition to the list of things that have bothered me on the worst day of my life. I feel as though everyone's stupid all of a sudden! And they just had to go and make the worst day of my life even worse than the previous worst day of my life. =)
In response to Spuzzum
I feel as though everyone's stupid all of a sudden!

Come to the GoB tonight and we'll prove it!
In response to Guy T.
Come to the GoB tonight and we'll prove it!

Are you insulting yourself, or me? =)