ID:194498

What should next month be the month of? We need to get a lot of things done before the hoards... er, hordes... of people come in.

Any propositions? Personally, I'm feeling that a Month of Sports would be a fairly good addition! You can't get enough football, or baseball, or hockey, or soccer, or racing, or wrestling, or boxing, or lacrosse...

Personally, I'll have Hunter in a 'alpha-beta' state (I'm almost there already) by the end of this month, which means that it's the alpha of the changes after the first beta. So after that point, I'll be working on CATs to get it to a beta state (it only made it to alpha last time people saw it =). So if anyone has any ideas for a Month of [Blank] I'd be happy to mess around with it.

(I made Slurpy as a Classic too... but it's a single-player game designed to run externally on a player's computer, and the Game Hub doesn't allow links to files, only hosted worlds...)
On 1/13/01 6:26 pm Spuzzum wrote:
What should next month be the month of? We need to get a lot of things done before the hoards... er, hordes... of people come in.

For me, it should be a Month of Polishing... trying to nail down any remaining bugs in Sixes and Lex, making sure all the links on this site to my projects are working, and sprucing up my own sites. And relegating Cerulea to restricted, semi-secret status for the time being. I can always open it up later if I decide to.

While the (restricted) Cerulea site has a nice (unrestricted) front page now with a blurb about the game, I'm trying to get rid of any public links to it. I have no idea how many people I'll be able to bring in through my GS site, but a high percentage would likely be greatly intrigued to hear I'm making a serious MUD. And it unnerves me a little to think there'd be whispering through the GS grapevine that "Juspera's player is starting her own game" before I even go to alpha test. (Hmmm... how self-important can one woman be?)

Z
In response to Zilal
On 1/13/01 9:28 pm Zilal wrote:

For me, it shall be the Month Of Actually Writing Useful DM Code. Lately, I've been sidetracked somewhat from getting deeper into BYOND by the purchase of nifty new hardware and various other shiny things, but dammit, I will commit to my project =]

(Is Rock-Paper-Scissors a sport? Does that count? ^_^)
In response to ApM
On 1/13/01 11:57 pm ApM wrote:
On 1/13/01 9:28 pm Zilal wrote:

For me, it shall be the Month Of Actually Writing Useful DM Code.

For me it is finishing the first release of DragonSnot, with all polish in place, then figuring out what project to do before coming back to DragonSnot. Will probably make myself at least finish the savefile tutorial.
In response to Deadron
On 1/14/01 1:09 am Deadron wrote:
Will probably make myself at least finish the savefile tutorial.

Ohhh tutorials... this would be a great month to write those tutorials we told Tom we'd do. We did tell him that, didn't we?

Z
In response to Zilal
Ohhh tutorials... this would be a great month to write those tutorials we told Tom we'd do. We did tell him that, didn't we?

Yep, and I haven't done anything on it so far except to come up with a title. I think a month of tutorials would be real useful.

(The nice thing is that the tutorial deals with work I have to do anyway, so the extra effort will be minimal.)

Put me down for "Picnic at Arch Rock: big icons and instance editing."
In response to ApM
On 1/13/01 11:57 pm ApM wrote:
For me, it shall be the Month Of Actually Writing Useful
DM Code. Lately, I've been sidetracked somewhat from
getting deeper into BYOND by the purchase of nifty new
hardware and various other shiny things, but dammit, I
will commit to my project =]

(Is Rock-Paper-Scissors a sport? Does that count? ^_^)

Heh, I know how that feels. I just spent six hours trying to get the RAID controller working on my mainboard, for the past two days I've been playing with a new Sony CDR-W (lots of fun!), trying to max out the 1GHz processor and 256Mb of Ram, etc.

New year resolution - to finish up on the MUD and get it hosted. I've been tinkering too much.