ID:194502

Heyho. Many of you may recognize me from the occasional GoB that I tend to show up at; well, I'm finally posting! Yay!

I just wrote a multiplayer tic-tac-toe game in, like, an hour, with 80 lines of code, without any prior DM experience. Now, granted, I've been coding since I was four years old, but still, that's damn cool. Kudos to Dantom =]

Which, of course, means that now that my test case is out of the way, work will soon commence on my *REAL* BYOND game; which will be a persistant world hosted on my Linux box. The game is pretty much planned out in my head, and somewhat less extensively planned out on paper, but I don't want to give out details until I at least write a line of code =]

Anyway, that pretty much concludes my post-for-the-sake-of-posting post. Probably catch you all this Sunday.

-- ApM
On 1/3/01 10:46 pm ApM wrote:
Heyho. Many of you may recognize me from the occasional GoB that I tend to show up at; well, I'm finally posting! Yay!

Been nice to see you around, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

As for that 80 line tic-tac-toe program, that's a great test of BYOND. It's not uncommon for some systems (like one of the multiplayer Java games used as an example on the Sun site) to boast about only requiring 1500 lines to do such a game.
On 1/3/01 10:46 pm ApM wrote:
Which, of course, means that now that my test case is out of the way, work will soon commence on my *REAL* BYOND game; which will be a persistant world hosted on my Linux box. The game is pretty much planned out in my head, and somewhat less extensively planned out on paper, but I don't want to give out details until I at least write a line of code =]

Oh, I'm so excited. You know, I don't have much more to say than that.

Z
I just wrote a multiplayer tic-tac-toe game in, like, an hour, with 80 lines of code, without any prior DM experience. Now, granted, I've been coding since I was four years old, but still, that's damn cool. Kudos to Dantom =]

It's always good to see someone new succumb to the wiles of Dantom!

As someone who has spent the last fifteen months or so believing his *real* BYOND game was right around the corner (and I still believe it now, fool that I am), I wish you the best of luck... any teasers for us, or is it a surprise?