ID:194522

I'm running Linux right now. Hooray for Linux! Hooray for Spuzzum! =)
On 12/15/00 5:41 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Does your version of Linux Netscape display things competently? I really like Linux, but I swear, the Netscape I use is horrible. It crashes constantly and the pages consistently display in a horrible font.

Just curious.
In response to Tom H.
Just curious.

Oh, I changed the font the first day. I upped the font size and I changed the default courier font. I forget what to, though.

Hasn't crashed on me yet...
In response to Tom H.
On 12/15/00 6:07 pm Tom H. wrote:
On 12/15/00 5:41 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Does your version of Linux Netscape display things competently? I really like Linux, but I swear, the Netscape I use is horrible. It crashes constantly and the pages consistently display in a horrible font.

Just curious.

What version of Netscape and what version/distribution of Linux? There are some tricks that can be done to make fonts look nicer. You do have Java turned off, right? It's slow, useless, completely unnecessary, and extremely buggy. I haven't had much trouble at all with NS 4.76, but then I got fed up with Linux a while back and switched to FreeBSD. Nice.

For an alternative, Mozilla and Galeon are shaping up pretty nicely, but they definitely still have their quirks. Both available at the downloads page there.