ID:194523

Is it possible to make it so that hub links to other websites don't open in BYOND's main frame?

While I'm here... the Cerulea desktop art that I made a long time ago (and altered for the Cerulea banner) is available here. It looks a little like this:

Z
On 12/13/00 6:17 pm Zilal wrote:
Is it possible to make it so that hub links to other websites don't open in BYOND's main frame?

Yes, we can do that. Did you notice that the forum now does that properly? It wasn't as easy as you might have thought!
In response to Tom H.
On 12/13/00 8:48 pm Tom H. wrote:
Yes, we can do that. Did you notice that the forum now does that properly? It wasn't as easy as you might have thought!

Now I'm curious... how DID you do it?

Z
In response to Zilal
On 12/13/00 9:50 pm Zilal wrote:
On 12/13/00 8:48 pm Tom H. wrote:

Now I'm curious... how DID you do it?

Ok, I confess, it's not that tricky. But it took a while to figure out. If you look at the source for this page you'll see the line <base target=_top>. That causes all links with an overriden target argument to go to a new page rather than the same frame. But to keep all existing links (such as the "post new message" link) in the same frame, those have to specifically contain the line "target=_self" (which is the default when you don't override "base target"). So we can do that for the hub too.