ID:194532

I want to make .zips include the A folder with some files in it. So they will unzip as that folder with those files. Not just those files, not every folder the files' folder was nested in. But short of moving Sheep III from D:\Program Files\BYOND\lib\Sheep3 to D:\Sheep3 before I make an archive, I can't figure out how to do this with Winzip. Any ideas?

Z
On 11/30/00 9:48 pm Zilal wrote:
I want to make .zips include the A folder with some files in it. So they will unzip as that folder with those files. Not just those files, not every folder the files' folder was nested in. But short of moving Sheep III from D:\Program Files\BYOND\lib\Sheep3 to D:\Sheep3 before I make an archive, I can't figure out how to do this with Winzip. Any ideas?

Just drag 'n drop your folder onto the winzip.exe. Make sure that the "save path info" is _not_ checked. This should create a zip that unzips into a folder of the same name. At least that works for me using WinZip 8.0.
In response to Tom H.
On 12/1/00 12:42 am Tom H. wrote:
Just drag 'n drop your folder onto the winzip.exe. Make sure that the "save path info" is _not_ checked. This should create a zip that unzips into a folder of the same name. At least that works for me using WinZip 8.0.

There's no "save path info" box on my version. I've tried doing it with every combination of "include subfolders" and "save extra folder info" checked or unchecked, and I either get no folders at all, or all of D:\Program Files\BYOND\Lib\Sheep3. Maybe I should download 8.0, eh?

Z
In response to Zilal
Maybe I should download 8.0, eh?

My Canadianism is rubbing off on ya, eh? =)
In response to Spuzzum
On 12/1/00 12:58 pm Spuzzum wrote:
My Canadianism is rubbing off on ya, eh? =)

Can one become Canadian through osmosis?

Z
In response to Zilal
Can one become Canadian through osmosis?

Not legally. ;-)