ID:194540

I noticed this when I was searching through an open-source project called ASC (a very fun game... I encourage you to check it out) :

WxWindows

I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but if what they say is true, it has pretty good potential to allow one to port games and the like over to other OS's quite easily.

I think Dream Seeker or Dream Maker might be too hard to implement into that API, though, given the size of them and the fact that WxWindows is basically the sort of thing that is required from the ground up... it might be something to turn over in the backs of your minds, though.

After all, about 5% of the population has Macs, and they're missing out!
On 11/18/00 12:24 pm Spuzzum wrote:
I noticed this when I was searching through an open-source project called ASC (a very fun game... I encourage you to check it out) :

WxWindows

Yes, I've looked at this in the past. It looks promising. I also used Qt (a linux-windows development tool) and found it to be friendlier than either MFC (windows) or X/Motif (unix). However, cross-platform tools always introduce all sorts of difficult issues, and as you noted should basically be used from the ground up. Maybe BYOND 3.0.

We'll port it to the Mac someday!