ID:194548

When BYOND "goes public," I WILL be able to direct a number of GemStoners over here, I'm sure. Maybe fewer than I hope, but if we get more than 20 new users (from all sources combined)... and I should certainly hope we will... I have to think about what I want to do with Cerulea.

Because, of course, Cerulea is not ready to "go public" yet, but Cerulea stuff is all over these boards, and people will find the game and the website if I still have them up.

I was thinking I would take down all of the website, but the boards (which are hosted by swirve/echelon) would remain up and I'd post the address. I would set up the game to allow in only certain keys, which would be you guys and certain others who expressed interest in testing.

How does that sound?

Z
I was thinking I would take down all of the website, but the boards (which are hosted by swirve/echelon) would remain up and I'd post the address. I would set up the game to allow in only certain keys, which would be you guys and certain others who expressed interest in testing.

Maybe instead of taking down the website, you could just give it a different URL... just move it down into a subdirectory of the place where it is now, and distribute the new URL only to testers.

I don't know how the Cerulea code is organized, but it might be feasible to structure it so stuff in development/testing would be in its own set of dm files. That way it would be easy to allow the public to see early releases of Cerulea-- it seems a shame to have such a great demo of both your talent and BYOND's power, and keep it under a bushel basket. But that's your choice to make, of course... I can well understand the desire not to release something until it's really set up the way you want it.