ID:194550

I have to ask... is it possible to hook up two computers simply by connecting them with a phone line through the modem port? I've never heard of anyone do this so I assumed it was impossible (which would be silly, all things considered) but thought it would be best to ask.

Z
I have to ask... is it possible to hook up two computers simply by connecting them with a phone line through the modem port? I've never heard of anyone do this so I assumed it was impossible (which would be silly, all things considered) but thought it would be best to ask.

I believe there is something called a "null modem cable" that serves this purpose. If you search for it at google.com, you can probably find numerous details... good luck!
In response to Guy T.
On 11/8/00 10:32 am Guy T. wrote:
I believe there is something called a "null modem cable" that serves this purpose. If you search for it at google.com, you can probably find numerous details... good luck!

Ah the good old days of multiplayer gaming...figuring out how to hook up a null modem to the computer in the other room or call each other to play Populis...

Shouting back and forth to see if it was working....