ID:194551

"Alien" = SpaceTug
"Aliens" = FaceHug

Since I started doing this, I'll just let you know how far I've gotten: explosives are now fully implemented. Walls got you down? Why not BLOW them down? Sure, there's a risk of a hull breach, but who cares about life anyway?

The explosives are a last-ditch weapon only. In a single use they almost certainly can rip open a hole. Holes can be used for your benefit, though... if you want to jump down to the next deck, or open a door that some traitor or facehugger is hiding behind, what better way to do it? Not that you'll be able to climb back up, or ever close that door again... but it's a sign of power. =)

(Note that critters also recognize the ability to drop down through a hole, so don't think you can get away THAT easily.)

And of course you'll have your authentic Aliens weapons; the M240 flamethrower, the M41A pulse rifle (with attached M41A1 grenade launcher), the M56 smartgun, the M5 Rocket-Propelled-Grenade launcher. The M42A Scope rifle. The M4A3 combat rifle, or its upgraded version, the VP90. And these are in addition to two new weapons to make it original... the G60 shotgun and the M32 pistol. Seen any of these before? Wait until you see what they can do now...

Tossable grenades are next. So are plantable mines. As well as a self-destruct on the ship (i.e. an unsurvivable explosion of extreme size, spanning all decks). Survival is not an option...

(And yes, I'm still working on AntWorld, Hunter, and Warrior... but the main focus is on FaceHug right now.)
(And yes, I'm still working on AntWorld, Hunter, and Warrior... but the main focus is on FaceHug right now.)

Excellent! I'm eager to see what you come up with... the little GoB preview we saw a week or two ago was very promising.

Two questions:

Have you considered making it take place in a depopulated space colony instead of on a ship? Maybe the self-destruct code would work just as well for, say, an overheating atmosphere processor...

And have you streamlined the AI so multiple critters won't gum up the server? :)
In response to Guy T.
Excellent! I'm eager to see what you come up with... the little GoB preview we saw a week or two ago was very promising.

Want my honest input? I'm eager to see the reaction. ;-)

Have you considered making it take place in a depopulated space colony instead of on a ship? Maybe the self-destruct code would work just as well for, say, an overheating atmosphere processor...

Well, actually, it's going to be a bit deeper than just a ship; it takes place 5 years after SpaceTug... what happens is that the Monstoro never arrives at Earth. So, desperately wanting the 1,000,000 gallons of alcohol that it was towing, the USCMC sends a dispatchment from search and rescue out to find the Monstoro. They find it drifting, powerless, in space. When the Diamante, the assigned S&R vessel, clamps on its boarding tunnel...

And have you streamlined the AI so multiple critters won't gum up the server? :)

Not yet. But soon.
In response to Spuzzum
Not yet. But soon.

Ooohhh, I can't wait to get back home and do this. The grenades are so very easy, and if the code I have would work the way I think it would, they would bounce all over the place when you fired them.

When you blow open walls and doors, by the way, you can see through them and walk through them. For this reason the little empty spaces in the Monstoro's walls have been filled with additional rooms, and the Diamante will be designed like a brick. I already have the basic external hull layout drawn on paper.

Note that I was serious when I said that the Diamante connected its boarding tunnel to the Monstoro... you can walk onto BOTH ships... I'll save the little surprises you find on the Monstoro for the demonstration, though!
In response to Spuzzum
[...] I'll save the little surprises you find on the Monstoro for the demonstration, though!

Well, I'll give one little hint. The critter you found in SpaceTug was actually a Queen.