ID:194555

Okay this week I'm finally the one adding stuff to the game, and I'm pretty excited about these changes which I think make for a whole new game.

There are two new pieces in the game. What these pieces do is split the snot into two channels within the same turf. Once the snot is flowing in two channels, you need to keep using 2 channel trenches until you can get it back into the normal sane one channel again.

Two pieces might not sound like much...but they really change the game. In particular, they make it more challenging and add more advance placement strategy.

Plus they make for some nice patterns, I think.

To accomodate the new pieces, the nature of the levels has changed. How it works is this:

Each level has 3 rounds.

First level is the basic pieces you know and love.

Second level is the basic and advanced pieces.

Third level is basic pieces, speeded up.

Fourth level is basic and advanced pieces, speeded up.

Fifth level is basic pieces again, speeded up more.

Etc. So you now play six rounds before the game speeds up.

And to make things more fun, there is now scoring, which works like so (subject to change as we see how GoBians take to it):

The town pays you $10 if you manage to get your flow to exit. They just wanna get rid of the snot.

However, the contractors in town end up getting more business (selling shovels and the like) the more trenches you build. So they give you a kickback of $1 for each basic trench that your snot goes through, and $2 for each advanced trench that your snot goes through. They don't pay for the trenches that never end up having snot flow through them, because they end up having to fill those back in at a loss.

When someone exits, all flows stop. If the person who has connected to the exit speeds up their flow, all flows speed up.

What this means to the people not managing to exit is this:

You want to build a long trench, and if you see that someone is about to exit, you wanna speed up your flow NOW to get more points for using more trenches.

Which means that someone who didn't exit might win the round, IF they used more than 10 more regular trenches than the person who exited, or 5 more advanced trenches (or some combination thereof).

The final catch is that no one gets any money if no one exits.

Okay, let's get to it!
Okay this week I'm finally the one adding stuff to the game, and I'm pretty excited about these changes which I think make for a whole new game.

Neato! Count me in...