ID:194562

...so I know some Shakespeare. Sue me. =)

But in this context, 'wicked' is 'cool'! What I have in store for you all 'soon' (soon being next month or later) is amazing! It isn't anything completely new, but it'll be my first fully functional demo of my penultimate cooperative space action game, Warrior. It won't have all the good features (like shipbuilding and map loading), but it'll have the Federated Terran Star Republic fully fleshed out and waiting for you to explore. After you're done fighting pirates, smuggling goods, sabotaging Rebel ships, or vaping civilian pleasure craft, you'll encounter some new species that the game doesn't even BEGIN to hint at... and you'll be able to discover the art of ship design!

Features:
- massive galaxy that is loaded at runtime; saves RAM by minimizing the workload except when loading a new sector, and everyone has plenty of disk space to spare.
- Now, 1 species to play as. Soon, 8 species to play as. Eventually, many species to play as.
- character creation system allows you to fine tune multiple characters' development. Make one supercharacter, or make thousands of unskilled characters. Augment your firepower by spending creation points on ships and equipment. Be a rich merchant, a mellow pirate, a hotshot fighter pilot, or a nasty marine. Or just be a happy civilian and explore the cosmos (but don't get in the way of the military).
- cool inaccuracy algorithm makes small arms fire unreliable and unpredictible... friendly fire? Yep, often.
- all parts can be damaged. Even small arms, given enough time, accuracy, and practice, can blow a hole in a ship's armor. Some things can explode!
- realistic electrical system makes sure that your ship has an actual amount of power flowing through its veins. Someone cuts the cord? Then hope you can see in the dark.
- sometime soon, a realistic ship design system, with as few restrictions as possible, gives you the ultimate flexibility in making your ships. Build a shuttle or fighter. Build a star yacht or capital ship. Mount weapons, set down the power grid, and fly it through space.

Another teaser:
Initially, when I make the ship design a reality, anything that doesn't work as it says it should is a bug. However, once those are worked out, stuff still won't work like it should... the bug won't be with my code, it'll be an error that the game automatically inserted into your ship for you to repair! Homemade designs can be built by yourself, or sold to a manufacturing company. If you want to test fly your own design, don't blame pilot error if it flies into a planet on its maiden voyage!

"How fast?" - Lt. C. Johnson
"Godspeed... or the next fastest to it." - Cpt. J. A. Colson