ID:194574

First we went to L&D and played a few rounds of that. I actually won a game! Of course, when I was Lwen, I died right away like I always do. Nobody's perfect. Anyway, I would take it as a good sign... that the game certainly requires strategy. Theodis and Kinetic Sage disappeared at some point.

After that, Spuzzum insisted that we go to Cerulea, so I caved in. I was most amused by our little game of soccer. We bought some food and Deadron joined us just as Guy created four boars... it was a dangerous, messy room. We walked around and I discovered another hundred bugs or so. Then I left.

Z
Sorry I missed it! Dan and I were meeting online and the time just flew by. I'll try to make it on Thursday for sure. We may have another bug patch out by then too.

It sounds like it was fun. Boy, I'm just itching to debut a game there too.
Theodis and Kinetic Sage disappeared at some point.

The pager acted up too... first it said they were still in L&D when they were gone, and then it said the rest of us were disconnected when we weren't. But the server ran great overall.

We walked around and I discovered another hundred bugs or so.

Nowhere near that many! Given the amount of stuff that's already coded, I'm surprised we didn't encounter a lot more. It's humbling. Plus, some of the bugs were rather funny...
On 10/17/00 9:42 pm Zilal wrote:
First we went to L&D and played a few rounds of that. I actually won a game! Of course, when I was Lwen, I died right away like I always do. Nobody's perfect. Anyway, I would take it as a good sign... that the game certainly requires strategy. Theodis and Kinetic Sage disappeared at some point.

Was Spuzz using the taser on you? It would be just like him to do that.

I'm very touched that L&D is such a standard GoB game. It shall continue to get better!

After that, Spuzzum insisted that we go to Cerulea, so I caved in. I was most amused by our little game of soccer. We bought some food and Deadron joined us just as Guy created four boars... it was a dangerous, messy room. We walked around and I discovered another hundred bugs or so. Then I left.

The bugs I was around for were pretty minor. Overall it's clear that Cerule is getting to an interesting stage. The soccer game was a great example of that, as was seeing all the text handling and possibilities.

I did notice that / is not screened for by the typing monster!
In response to Deadron
On 10/17/00 10:05 pm Deadron wrote:
On 10/17/00 9:42 pm Zilal wrote:

Was Spuzz using the taser on you? It would be just like him to do that.

I used the taser... once. But I swear, it was not completely cold-blooded, and I was clinically insane at the time. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. =)

I'm very touched that L&D is such a standard GoB game. It shall continue to get better!

Oh, I'll try and get some other games finished up that'll make them possible GoB games too. Most of my games are fairly large, though... big games aren't exactly the aim of this gathering, though. Then again, we DID play Cerulea. =)

After that, Spuzzum insisted that we go to Cerulea, so I caved in.

I still want that CD player.

I was most amused by our little game of soccer. We bought some food and Deadron joined us just as Guy created four boars... it was a dangerous, messy room. We walked around and I discovered another hundred bugs or so. Then I left.

Yeah. The ball flew in and hit me in the head about three times. =)

The bugs I was around for were pretty minor. Overall it's clear that Cerule is getting to an interesting stage. The soccer game was a great example of that, as was seeing all the text handling and possibilities.

I have to agree with Deadron on this one (not that I disagree very often... but you get the idea. =). The bugs that were there hardly had any effect on gameplay. Some made it even more fun.

That giant dollop of spit annoyed me all too much. It was fun throwing, though: "Alayus throws a giant dollop of spit at the duck!" =)

(Oh, on the issue of bugs (too lazy to head over to your boards again...), Outside the Academy, Cerule doesn't tell you that you can go into the Academy. There's no 'Academy' object (Like "Also here, you see a guard post."), so it took me a while to try 'go Academy' to walk on in (because 'look Academy' didn't give me anything).)
In response to Spuzzum
On 10/18/00 12:50 pm Spuzzum wrote:
I have to agree with Deadron on this one (not that I disagree very often... but you get the idea. =). The bugs that were there hardly had any effect on gameplay. Some made it even more fun.

I noticed a lot more than you guys did, I think. Some I know only I saw, and some you saw but didn't know were bugs.

That giant dollop of spit annoyed me all too much.

I probably shouldn't have laughed so hard at you.

(Oh, on the issue of bugs (too lazy to head over to your boards again...), Outside the Academy, Cerule doesn't tell you that you can go into the Academy. There's no 'Academy' object (Like "Also here, you see a guard post."), so it took me a while to try 'go Academy' to walk on in (because 'look Academy' didn't give me anything).)

Here's the reasoning behind that... objects that are in the room description (like the academy) are hidden, so you don't see:

[Cerule, outside the Academy]
Here the monstrous Academy stands out in white stone over the mess of marketers and wretched homes huddled around it. Grime and smoke have stained the lower half of the building dingy. Out of the upper windows, students lean with disinterested expressions.
You see the Academy.
Obvious exits: south.

...which would be redundant. There is an academy object (you can look at it), it just doesn't show up as an object when you enter the room. And there is no special description when you look at it, because there's already a description in the room description.

Redundancy isn't a crime, of course. But I also wanted players to experiment and try things.

Z
In response to Zilal
On 10/18/00 9:30 pm Zilal wrote:
Here's the reasoning behind that... objects that are in the room description (like the academy) are hidden, so you don't see:

[Cerule, outside the Academy]
Here the monstrous Academy stands out in white stone over the mess of marketers and wretched homes huddled around it. Grime and smoke have stained the lower half of the building dingy. Out of the upper windows, students lean with disinterested expressions.
You see the Academy.
Obvious exits: south.

...which would be redundant. There is an academy object (you can look at it), it just doesn't show up as an object when you enter the room. And there is no special description when you look at it, because there's already a description in the room description.

I kind of figured that was the explanation... still, I was a bit confused until I tried it out! Maybe if you hinted at an entrance, I'd be more aware. Does this mean I can go into the prison, too?
In response to Spuzzum
On 10/19/00 12:39 pm Spuzzum wrote:
I kind of figured that was the explanation... still, I was a bit confused until I tried it out! Maybe if you hinted at an entrance, I'd be more aware. Does this mean I can go into the prison, too?

Not yet... eventually!