ID:194584

In the tradition of Spuzzum, here are my current projects and the order in which I'm planning to do them right now:

Classic game project
--------------------
If I can find ways to handle the animation, this should be really fun.

3rd (and currently final) level of L&D
--------------------------------------
I'm collaborating with Guy T on this one. I am pretty sure it will be the defining level of L&D. If we do a good enough job of it, it will probably inspire me to go back and come up with real artwork for the first two levels, since they are not currently near good enough to attract people to play.

Clean up L&D gameplay issues
----------------------------
Inventory handling, mostly.

Begin work on first email-driven turn-based game
------------------------------------------------
I have a whole concept worked out for this. The challenge right now is doing it with one-turf mobs. I may have to come up with a different less-artistically-ambitious turn-based game for now and wait for multi-turf mobs to come along.

And whenever I'm burned out:

- Savefile tutorial
- A Step BYOND tutorial
- Next revision of Deadron library
Well, I may as well chip in too...

Cribbage: My Classics Month project. Come on, isn't anyone besides Deadron and me going to do a classic? Heck, even that little triangular wooden pegboard thing would be good. How about "Little Triangular Wooden Pegboard Thing WITH ATTITUDE!!!"

L&D Level 3: See Deadron's post.

Finish SpaceTug: If I can just get up the gumption to finish the stupid map, I'll be happy for now. But there will probably be other features added down the road. (Prime candidates: the ability to self-destruct the ship and escape in the shuttle; random option to play as a treacherous android or the critter; better icons here and there.)

Begin "The White Star Dig": I've got lots of notes but still have some thinking to do.

Instance editor tutorial

Misc. "Guide to DM" nitpicking
In response to Guy T.
On 10/9/00 5:09 am Guy T. wrote:
Well, I may as well chip in too...

Cribbage: My Classics Month project. Come on, isn't anyone besides Deadron and me going to do a classic? Heck, even that little triangular wooden pegboard thing would be good. How about "Little Triangular Wooden Pegboard Thing WITH ATTITUDE!!!"

I'll write one. I'm not sure what "Little Triangular Wooden Pegboard Thing" is, but it certainly sounds compelling.

I'm considering two options. One is be some sort of simple card-game (poker) done through forms in the browser. I'll want the cache-upload functionality for this, which should make Spuzz happy too.

The other idea is to clone a standard board-game, like Parcheesi or something. I've played some pretty wonky ones in the past, but I'll try to stick to the classics for now. One of my friends posted about doing Scrabble, which is absolutely perfect for this system, so maybe I'll assist with that.
In response to Tom H.

I'll write one. I'm not sure what "Little Triangular Wooden Pegboard Thing" is, but it certainly sounds compelling.

I'll try and find a link to a Java one and point you to it. Its like checkers, sort of, except you have 10 pegs in a triangular board, and your goal is to remove as many pegs as possible. You have to jump the pieces in such a fashion that you make it possible to get rid of every piece by making them jump over each other. Not as easy as it sounds!

I've been doing searches for Java games over the past few days. I'll post a good long list when I'm finished.

I'm considering two options. One is be some sort of simple card-game (poker) done through forms in the browser. I'll want the cache-upload functionality for this, which should make Spuzz happy too.

Definitely!

The other idea is to clone a standard board-game, like Parcheesi or something. I've played some pretty wonky ones in the past, but I'll try to stick to the classics for now. One of my friends posted about doing Scrabble, which is absolutely perfect for this system, so maybe I'll assist with that.

I could make an Othello/Reversi clone, which would be VERY easy in BYOND. I'd be done in about half an hour. (And I already have white and black icons, from Spuzzbomb!). Would anyone be particularly angry if I took away from Hunter-time and made it pro-BYOND time?
In response to Spuzzum
On 10/9/00 9:09 am Spuzzum wrote:

I vote for the browser-based Poker game. It would stretch BYOND in ways the other Classics we're doing might not.

How about your hand being displayed as a table of card graphics? You could have link commands below each card for [discard] and the like.

I could make an Othello/Reversi clone, which would be VERY easy in BYOND. I'd be done in about half an hour. (And I already have white and black icons, from Spuzzbomb!). Would anyone be particularly angry if I took away from Hunter-time and made it pro-BYOND time?

Hey, it's Classics month so go for it!

But maybe next month better be "That game you haven't finished yet" month...
In response to Deadron
But maybe next month better be "That game you haven't finished yet" month...

Ha! Point taken. =)