ID:194592

Don't tell anyone, but I figured out how to run programs in this computer at school! Shh! =)

Now all I have to do is stick Dream Maker and the necessary files on a disk, and then maybe, possibly, I can use it at school.

I'll test that Monday, because I have tomorrow off.

(If I get in trouble for using BYOND, will Dantom vouch for me, saying it is an educational tool? =)
(If I get in trouble for using BYOND, will Dantom vouch for me, saying it is an educational tool? =)

By the way, that's a joke. I probably won't even try to use it at school, unless I find some miraculous way of doing it invisibly. =)
In response to Spuzzum

By the way, that's a joke. I probably won't even try to use it at school, unless I find some miraculous way of doing it invisibly. =)

Why not pick out two or three fairly bright teachers and offer to give them a demonstration? You could show them a couple programs, then walk through printouts of the source code. They might be eager to learn more about BYOND after seeing Spuzzbomb and Hunter. Then you can reel 'em in with an intro to object-orientation, a comparison of DM to the syntax of C++ and Java, and all the other features that make it a great preparation for a Real Career.

Of course, if someone had suggested this to me in high school, I would've agreed that it was a good idea, and promptly done nothing about it. Scheduling meetings and making presentations was a skill I only learned much later-- so if the idea doesn't appeal to you, I sympathize.

(And, uh, don't show them SpaceTug, unless you want them to set up a nightly procedure to make sure that BYOND is not on the PC's. :)