ID:194594

Er, not sure if the meaning was clear when I replied to it way back in General... but I don't violently portray myself as Canadian.

For example, if I walk down the streets in the States, I don't tell someone "I'm a Canadian, and I love it here in Oregon!". I'd be at least a bit more subtle; "Wow, Oregon's a nice state. British Columbia is nice, but it doesn't have sea lions."

Anyways, that quote there does kind of annoy me a bit.

Here's a quote, dutifully copied and pasted, that can go in its place, though!

On 9/5/00 12:21 pm Spuzzum wrote:
"On a rating of 1 to 10, I'd give this a 12. Dammit, you're not getting any younger; why aren't you buying yours yet? =)"

THAT's something that I would say. =)

Here's something else you can add just for fun:

I like the picture. You can quote me on that, too. =)

No big deal, though. Er, thank you for your time.
Er, not sure if the meaning was clear when I replied to it way back in General... but I don't violently portray myself as Canadian.

I thought it was pretty funny myself, but on the other hand, it's understandable that you'd want your actual words on the page.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing my own quote changed to "Every red-blooded American should buy a copy of this book. The Dream Maker is our nation's first line of defense against the spread of Canadianism." :)

"On a rating of 1 to 10, I'd give this a 12. Dammit, you're not getting any younger; why aren't you buying yours yet? =)"

THAT's something that I would say. =)

A cuss word on the products page? Think of the children!!!
In response to Guy T.
On 9/26/00 6:05 am Guy T. wrote:
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing my own quote changed to "Every red-blooded American should buy a copy of this book. The Dream Maker is our nation's first line of defense against the spread of Canadianism." :)

That's it! I've had it with your patriotism! I don't like that! Uh... well, that's all I've got. Consider yourself lucky that I don't have a miscellaneous stream of nasty jokes aboot Americans, like "you know you're a redneck" jokes. Whoops, just kidding. =)

A cuss word on the products page? Think of the children!!!

Geez, man, I'm almost 16, I'm practically an adult! I can do what I want because I'm a responsible citizen! =)

You don't go to school with today's children like I do... honestly, that's the equivalent of "hello" to some of 'em. =P

Kids who couldn't be more than 10 finger us out the bus window, yelling obscenities and otherwise cruising for a royal bruising, when they drive along by. They even throw stuff at us; bottles, candy wrappers... I got mad and threw a pebble and pegged one in the forehead, once. It was picture-perfect:

"Hey! F-- ow!" =)

I pictured that scene for days afterward. Not surprisingly, they don't throw much at us anymore. Of course, I wasn't the only one who threw a pebble... the other 12 people are probably relishing it too. =)

Fine then, though. I'll childproof my quote.

"On a rating of 1 to 10, I'd give this a 12. Heck, you're not getting any younger; why aren't you buying yours yet? =)"

It doesn't have the same impact without at least a little "heck" in there, though. =)

Ummm... how many times have I said though?
In response to Spuzzum
On 9/26/00 12:43 pm Spuzzum wrote:
Maybe I could make a new joke up... You know you're a Canadian when you are an obnoxious teenager that lives in Coquitlam!

Oh, now I'm getting into the spirit. How about... You know you're a nutmegger when news coverage of your area is prefaced by "Today in the NYC suburbs..."

Well, okay, that was pretty pathetic. (Who knows what a nutmegger is anyway?) It's hard to make jokes about a state whose only claim to fame is that it's supposed to be rich.

You know you're a nutmegger when...

...You hear people refer to your state as "that annoying stretch of exits between Boston and New York"

...The first question you get when you say where you live is: "Is that near Foxwoods?"

...You drive an hour to buy your gas in Massachusetts, and it's *still* cheaper

...You have never had any trouble pronouncing words like "Pawtuxet," "Wiquetequok," and, heck, "Massachusetts"

...Your neighbor bought her 3-story house with UCONN Huskies playoff tickets (men's or women's)

...Another state's university tuition plus out-of-state fees plus travel costs is still cheaper than UCONN

...Being able to get local FM stations from five other states doesn't seem out of the ordinary

...You have fall colors just like Vermont, only they're all brown

...You have winter snow just like Vermont, only it's all brown

...Rhode Island seems damn tiny... oh, wait...

...You envy Rhode Island for its, what, four counties? Eight counties seems like an awful lot for one state government to keep tabs on

...You've ever wanted to give Fairfield County to New York, just to get it over with...

...and so maybe CT can get out from under the "highest per capita income" statistics and get some notice for those "most children going to bed hungry" statistics instead.

More than you ever wanted to know about Connecticut, right off the top of my head. Now you know why I gave up on comedy and went into coding.

Your true blue CT yankee...

Z
In response to Zilal
Whoa. Didn't expect that you'd have read my post so soon after... I deleted that last little section because I thought it might have been interpreted nastily, especially by, er, southern states.

It doesn't seem like it, though! Oh, wait, where's Connecticut? I need a brush-up on the eastern-ish states. =P
In response to Spuzzum
On 9/26/00 1:52 pm Spuzzum wrote:
It doesn't seem like it, though! Oh, wait, where's Connecticut? I need a brush-up on the eastern-ish states. =P

The concept that someone might not know where Connecticut is tickles me. It's where the coast makes a right-hand turn as it heads north, so that our coast is our southern border, not our eastern one. On a detailed map you can see Long Island in the Atlantic to the south of us.

On a really detailed map, you can see the little divot that Massachusetts took from us, so that our northern border isn't a perfect line. Those bastards.

Z