ID:194597

Shall I tell you about my trip? Though I'm 23, this was the first time I've gone on a major trip by myself. I went to DC and went to the museums and the zoo, I went to Six Flags America with my free AOL ticket (I really liked Superman: ride of steel), I went to VA and went backpacking, I went to Manhattan to visit my friend Greg whom I met in GemStone and talked to for a year but never met in person. He wasn't an axe murderer. To cap off my trip, my car was broken into and the radio stolen.

Now I should get to work on figuring out how to pay for everything. (Some might say I should have figured that out before I went on vacation.)

Z

Oh... I've read some of the posts and it just tickles me that you guys talked about me while I was away.
Welcome back! The forum got kind of quiet with you and Deadron out for a while. It almost made me want to spam some newsgroups to draw in some new fresh meat. Then they would see that the server is down and scream "hoax"! I'm glad that's passed.

Sorry about the radio! But I guess it kind of completes the whole big-city experience :)
On > Oh... I've read some of the posts and it just tickles me that you guys talked about me while I was away.

Yeah, except some of the things we said were knocking Sheep. Sorry. =)
On 9/24/00 8:31 am Zilal wrote:
Shall I tell you about my trip? Though I'm 23, this was the first time I've gone on a major trip by myself. I went to DC and went to the museums and the zoo

Right after I started working for NeXT Computers, they sent me to DC, so we added a couple of days vacation to the trip to see stuff. It was winter, and though there was ice and snow everywhere (the mayor's office was begging people to bring in any sand or road salt they might have laying around), it turned out to be a great time to do it. There were no crowds, and we walked right into all the places that people usually spend three hours in line for (Washington monument, White House, Smithsonian, NASA museum).

I imagine it wasn't quite so simple for you at this time of year, but it's definitely a nice trip. (Hope it wasn't too hot!)

Now I should get to work on figuring out how to pay for everything. (Some might say I should have figured that out before I went on vacation.)

Well, ya know, I actually had some ideas about that while I was on vacation...I'll post em.

In response to Deadron
This post includes responses to other people.

Sorry about the radio! But I guess it kind of completes the whole big-city experience :)

That's how I'm rationalizing it. I could be angry, but if I can laugh instead, I should do that. I wonder how much a replacement radio/cassette player costs...

Yeah, except some of the things we said were knocking Sheep. Sorry. =)

The original Sheep? Don't worry about it... that game has more things wrong with it than Pat Buchanan's reform party convention speech. I kind of gave up on it a while ago.

I imagine it wasn't quite so simple for you at this time of year, but it's definitely a nice trip. (Hope it wasn't too hot!)

If anything I was chilly because I wore shorts when I shouldn't have. The only waiting I did was when workers burst a gas pipe in the museum of natural history and it had to be evacuated.

Well, ya know, I actually had some ideas about that while I was on vacation...I'll post em.

I went over budget because I kept blowing gas on getting lost and not being able to navigate my way around tolls. (It's a nightmare being stuck on a road leading to the $4 Holland tunnel. "Nooo! Noooo!") My first thought was, looking at how crappy my vacation pictures came out, that I should sell my camera on e-bay and use disposable ones from now on. I hate auto-focus and auto-flash but I kept getting them for christmas as a kid, and then I couldn't justify buying a camera I liked because I already had this perfectly good one I'd been given. Now in 75% of my pictures some little leaf or stick in the foreground is in perfect focus while everything else is all fuzzy.

Z
In response to Zilal
On 9/24/00 1:00 pm Zilal wrote:
I went over budget because I kept blowing gas on getting lost and not being able to navigate my way around tolls. (It's a nightmare being stuck on a road leading to the $4 Holland tunnel. "Nooo! Noooo!")

Sounds like a game! Do it and write off the trip as an expense!