ID:194601

In the Build menu it has a new greyed out "Build EXE" option. Things to come?
On 9/14/00 6:44 pm Spuzzum wrote:
In the Build menu it has a new greyed out "Build EXE" option. Things to come?

Don't get too excited. It just simulates an EXE that will check for the BYOND installation and link to the relevant .dmb or .dms file. You'll see in the 252 release.
In response to Tom H.
Don't get too excited. It just simulates an EXE that will check for the BYOND installation and link to the relevant .dmb or .dms file. You'll see in the 252 release.

Wow. Even better than my idea.
In response to Spuzzum
On 9/14/00 8:03 pm Spuzzum wrote:

Wow. Even better than my idea.

I think this functionality will be a major marketing win for us designers.

We can now just say "download this one thing to play my game!" The fact that another thing might have to be downloaded later is an implementation detail.

Anyway, it's my impression that people run screaming (or never quite get around to doing it) when they see "Just install this system and then download my game..."

[Edited addition]:

Say could I request that the Build EXE come after the Run command? It may not make as much logical sense, but I find the Compile/Run combo more finger-friendly than having to skip what will be the only-once-in-a-while Build EXE command...