ID:1946158

Resolved
world.name could override the title setting in the main window. Now world.name is only used if the main window's title is empty.
BYOND Version:508
Operating System:Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 44.0.2403.157
Applies to:Dream Seeker

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Changing a windows title in the skin editor or via winset() seems to have no effect. This issue happens intermittently, sometimes the change works, other times it does not.

Expected Results:

Using either of the above methods sets the title of a window

Actual Results:

The title is based on the name of the project file

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Intermittent issue, I've seen winset and the title change work sometimes, other times it does not.

Workarounds:

None that I can think of. I am using an older version of Byond though, so I will update to check if it's still an issue in 509.1300

EDIT:

It's not all text, turns out some stuff works, and some stuff doesn't. It seems like decimals/periods " . " sometimes cause issue with the title and end up causing it to revert to the project name instead of the given text string.

Example: "A.B.C.D.E." works fine while "Z.T.A.N.I." doesn't. Though, "Z.T.A.N.I" does work. that last decimal seems to break it for some reason.

Edit#2 If you pass a client to winset, everything works fine. If you pass a mob however, even when that mob has a client, things become wonky. Some text works, some text doesn't.

Very odd.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
world.name could override the title setting in the main window. Now world.name is only used if the main window's title is empty.