ID:194616

I realized belatedly that I had left out two Cheapass games from my favorites list:

Lord of the Fries

Probably the all around most fun Cheapass game I've played. And definitely worth getting the delux color version.

This is the 2nd game in Friedey's Restaurant of the Damned, in which all the employees are zombies. The customer makes an order and all the zombies try to fill it. The successful one becomes Lord of the Fries, "whatever that means". This is just a great game for a group of friends. The kind where you usually end up laughing your ass off.

There are expansion menus to play from -- Chinese, etc -- that are lots of fun.

Give Me The Brain

This was the original Friedey's game. Fun, though not as much so as Lord of the Fries. In this one, the challenge is that you want to go home at the end of the shift, but before you can you have to finish this handful of tasks. The problem is, many tasks require a brain to complete, and there is only one brain available among all the employees. So first you need to get the brain...

Probably one of the few American games to have a Czech translation -- and in fact Americans can play the Czech version, as there are special rules for it. You have to read the cards aloud in Czech...
Cool! I used to love quirky board games. I hadn't heard of this company until now, but based on your good reviews and the excellent prices, I think I'll order a few of them.

The best game I ever played was Dune, by Avalon Hill (not to be confused with the crappy Parker Bros game). It had this whole balance of power motif in which each player had unique skills. Unfortunately, I never owned a copy and I don't think it is available anymore.
In response to Tom H.
On 8/21/00 1:05 am Tom H. wrote:
The best game I ever played was Dune, by Avalon Hill (not
to be confused with the crappy Parker Bros game). It had
this whole balance of power motif in which each player
had unique skills. Unfortunately, I never owned a copy
and I don't think it is available anymore.

If it's the same one that I bought on CD-Rom back when MFC Compliant was the buz-word (1992?) then I still have it. I'll have to look in my archives but if you want, I'll send it to you.

- -
In response to Gabriel
On 8/21/00 3:06 pm Gabriel wrote:
On 8/21/00 1:05 am Tom H. wrote:
The best game I ever played was Dune, by Avalon Hill

If it's the same one that I bought on CD-Rom back when MFC Compliant was the buz-word (1992?) then I still have it. I'll have to look in my archives but if you want, I'll send it to you.

Tom is referring to the board game, which I believe was the initial inspiration for the computer game, which then launched the RTS craze...