ID:194627

I just had a thought and since this is the babble section I'll just babble a bit. >ahem<

I think it'll be great to see online games created in byond
that aren't built around the formula Ultima Online set. If you go to mpogd.com and look at the listings the amount
of fantasy online games is staggering. The first time I
looked I just couldn't believe it. Where were the horror games? The cyberpunk games? The science fiction? Now that I have a copy of byond in my grubby mits I don't have to
play games where I can be a carpenter, a wizard, or a warrior. It's great.
On 8/3/00 4:23 pm Manifacae wrote:
I just had a thought and since this is the babble section I'll just babble a bit. >ahem<

that aren't built around the formula Ultima Online set. If you go to mpogd.com and look at the listings the amount
looked I just couldn't believe it. Where were the horror games? The cyberpunk games? The science fiction? Now that I have a copy of byond in my grubby mits I don't have to

The engine I'm creating should let people create any kind of RPG...though I haven't yet thought about how to abstract concepts like spells...
In response to Deadron
On 8/3/00 7:41 pm Deadron wrote:
On 8/3/00 4:23 pm Manifacae wrote:

The engine I'm creating should let people create any kind of RPG...though I haven't yet thought about how to abstract concepts like spells...

Instead of calling them spells call them abilities and give
them a var that can be defined by the developer. That var
could determine how the ability is sorted.