ID:194667

Is anyone else making a library of RPG Maker icons? If not, I am, so don't make more work for yourself than I already have... I've gotten 4 characters done in the past 10 minutes... and there's only 128 characters in all, so I should be fine... wait a minute...
On 6/3/00 6:30 am Spuzzum wrote:
Is anyone else making a library of RPG Maker icons? If not, I am, so don't make more work for yourself than I already have... I've gotten 4 characters done in the past 10 minutes... and there's only 128 characters in all, so I should be fine... wait a minute...

I did about 34 of the character icons at one point, but then I saw how people out there have made new and different RPG Maker tilesets, some of which are very nice, which kind of overwhelmed me. Sure, I could have just done the icons that came with RPG Maker, but why just those and not all the other lovely icons? So, ingenious person I am, I gave up.

At any rate, it took me more like 10 minutes *per* character... for some reason the bitmaps made by BMPknife wouldn't import into the Dream Maker, and it was quicker to copy and paste from the character sheet by hand.

Z
In response to Zilal
I did about 34 of the character icons at one point, but then I saw how people out there have made new and different RPG Maker tilesets, some of which are very nice, which kind of overwhelmed me. Sure, I could have just done the icons that came with RPG Maker, but why just those and not all the other lovely icons? So, ingenious person I am, I gave up.

At any rate, it took me more like 10 minutes *per* character... for some reason the bitmaps made by BMPknife wouldn't import into the Dream Maker, and it was quicker to copy and paste from the character sheet by hand.

Yikes, you spent over 5 and a half hours making those icons...?!
In response to Spuzzum

If its any consolation, the results garnered from Picture Dicer are in multiples of 32. So if I want to translate the first character, I have to take the char000.bmp, char032.bmp, char064.bmp, and char096.bmp and then combine them into one file. Also, I have to take char001.bmp, char033.bmp, char065.bmp, and char097.bmp and add those to make it a movement state.
In response to Spuzzum
On 6/4/00 2:31 am Spuzzum wrote:

Yes... I didn't even want to use them myself. It was just something nice to do for the BYOND community.

Of course, you can see why I jumped at a reason to quit.

Z