ID:194669

I wrote some more critter AI, went into the game, and my training dummy started attacking me. This freaked me out for a moment, of course. It hadn't occurred to me the code I wrote would apply to the dummy.

[Game Intro, lobby]
Welcome to the game of Cerulea. This isn't an ordinary room; it's here to teach you some game fundamentals. To learn about how to use the DUNG client, go north. Make sure your cursor is in the pink type-in window and type "north" . Also be sure to use all lowercase letters.
Also here, you see a wild boar.
Obvious exits: north to the client use room, south to the basic verbs room, east to the combat room, west to the roleplaying room.

wave boar
You wave to the boar.
The boar moves in to engage you.
The boar engages you.
The boar tries to close on you.
The boar moves in on you.
shiver
You shiver.

The boar tries to gore you!
With acceptable offense vs. workable defense,
Advantage: awkward. A fantastic attempt!
Your ribs splinter as the massive thrust pierces you through the heart!
It's all over now.
You collapse!
Busy: 13 seconds.
You drop dead!

Cerulea has had its first death due to wild critters.

Z
On 5/30/00 8:31 pm Zilal wrote:
I wrote some more critter AI, went into the game, and my training dummy started attacking me. This freaked me out for a moment, of course. It hadn't occurred to me the code I wrote would apply to the dummy.

Clearly the dummy is desperate for a bigger part in the game. How can you deny it so?
In response to Deadron
Congratulations on your milestone!

Clearly the dummy is desperate for a bigger part in the game. How can you deny it so?

Yeah! As the commercials point out: you could learn a lot from a dummy.

Heh... it would be fun to have the training dummy wait until someone really goes hog-wild on it... then, after allowing the person to go away, start exploring, and forget all about it, the dummy starts to seek vengeance!

You know, that would actually give a lot of people nightmares...
In response to Guy T.
You know, that would actually give a lot of people nightmares...

"No... no... it can't be... I killed you... I killed you...!"

(I forget what movie that's from =)
In response to Spuzzum
(I forget what movie that's from =)

Oh, I remember now... Robocop ;-)