ID:194677

I was working on adding NPC's and monsters to Cerulea, and I did some preliminary coding of the procs that allow a monster to decide what to do. Then I went into the game and almost fainted when my training dummy walked into the room I was in. Good grief. I'd forgotten the dummy was classified as a monster.

Z
On 4/27/00 7:43 pm Zilal wrote:
I was working on adding NPC's and monsters to Cerulea, and I did some preliminary coding of the procs that allow a monster to decide what to do. Then I went into the game and almost fainted when my training dummy walked into the room I was in. Good grief. I'd forgotten the dummy was classified as a monster.

LOL! Now that's a good way to relax!
On 4/27/00 7:43 pm Zilal wrote:

Z

That's the wonder of objects!

I was often surprised and amazed to see my mobs get smarter in unanticipated manners. I'd fix something for birds, and suddenly the rats were smarter.

As you found, though, you do have to be careful to factor intelligence such that the rats don't start playing piano!