Would love to make it, but will be homeless by the end of the week o/ , have fun!
@Higoten: I was gonna art for Fugsnarf for his entry? Can I still do a solo entry on another day?

If not, that's okay, I'll just art for Fuggems. Though, minor porblem. He signed up solo. Is it cool if I still prepare to board his bandwagon even though he's listed solo?
Great stuff, Higoten! I love the setup you have going on here... Is there a PayPal to donate a little cash to for a contest prize?

Good luck, everyone.
I have a couple of designs already waiting to be developed that I could probably make into a simple game in a day if anyone out there that was solid at programming would like to contribute! :)

They are both futuristic, one would be a top down scrolling space-shooter and the other would be a side scroller mech game akin to a combination of Front Mission 2 (the sidescroller one) and a worm-style pvp mode with destroyable terrain. I can do all of the art, I use to draw mech battlefields when I was younger so it is all second nature to me! :)
In response to AERProductions
No use in pre-planning for a GiaD. You have to make it relevant to certain themes.
In response to Konlet
Ah yeah, forgot about that.
Well, my point still mostly applies to why I cannot enter: I'm not well off enough with the whole programming thing. :P
I'm moving this weekend. Hopefully I'll have time to participate during the week.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
I was gonna art for Fugsnarf for his entry? Can I still do a solo entry on another day?

The answer to (both?) of these questions is yes. You can be a member of a team and do an independent development, so long as you are not the one registering the team.

In actuality, the only difference between registering as a team versus registering as an independent is that the former has an extra statement to agree to:

By registering as a team, you will be solely responsible for completing the submission process before the end of the submission phase. No other member of your team may complete the submission process. Attempting to do so may result in disqualification. If this is a responsibility you do not wish to have, please have the appropriate member of your team complete the registration process.

So long as Fugsnarf agrees to that statement (can remain implied), you can work as a team. Due to overly-complicated semantics, team member reporting/registration isn't required (and hence, not really enforceable).
Thanks to a $50 cash pledge from Pixel Realms, there are now additional awards for the submissions that receive first, second, and third place!

First place will be rewarded $25, second place will be rewarded $15, and third place will be rewarded $10!
Question: I've posted a few screenshots of some physics that were in my Shinobi online game and I was having fun playing soccer in it.

Am I allowed to create a game out of this since? Or since I already announced I might make a game out of it previously, I can no longer work on it? (I know I need to wait for the theme first but I'm just wondering in case I get something like "Ball") :P
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Spirit Age Theme Confirmed!^

All jokes aside:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

to everyone entering, I look forward to playing them all!
Kidpaddle45 wrote:
Question: I've posted a few screenshots of some physics that were in my Shinobi online game and I was having fun playing soccer in it.
Am I allowed to create a game out of this since? Or since I already announced I might make a game out of it previously, I can no longer work on it?

You are allowed to submit games based on concepts that you have thought up or created in the past, but keep in mind that in compliance of the rules, you may only submit projects which contain resources (code, art, sounds, etc) that were created for the project in the 24 hour development time-frame, or were available for public usage prior to the release date of this post.

Yut Put wrote:
[C]ould the winner have the cost of byond subscription sent to their paypal instead of a byond subscription[?]

I would prefer for the BYOND Membership prizes to remain as such, but if you would much rather receive the prize in cash value, that could mostlikely be accommodated. When you submit your entry, you will be prompted to enter the key of the member whom you would like the membership to go to, in the event you win one of the BYOND memberships. If you would rather receive it in cash value, enter a paypal address in place of a key.
Haven't read the post yet! Had to comment to say I'm really excited about this, and will try to get some work in when I'm not... working.
I'll give it a go. This is an exercise I need to master.
Sure, I'll register. Never done one of these before and I suck at art, but since I can do great with mechanics, I'll give it a go!
In response to Pokemonred200
If you're a good programmer, I can do art. Let me know if interested in collaborating! :)
I wish I wasn't so busy this week. Gurd dam. Hopefully I can do something on Thursday =/
Game in a Day 2015 is officially live! When you are ready to begin your 24 hour development period, visit the Game in a Day 2015 Headquarters before October 3rd, register (if not already done), get your topics, and start developing! Livestreams, Twitches, screenshots, and the like are encouraged!

Good luck with your GiaD!
I'm an idiot. My countdown started, I got my topics but no artists lmao.

Anyone willing to help me out? PM me I'll give you my 3 topics and the idea I have for the game. :)

I quit lololol
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6