In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:

I quit lololol

Haha, horrible luck! I hope most themes aren't that bad.
In response to Kozuma3
Welp.. You're screwed.
In response to Kozuma3
You could make a cool paper airplane game, or a game about dunking baskets with crumpled-up paperwork, or some kind of gauntlet you have to run through to get to the filing cabinet to file the paperwork.

The second one you would have to be more creative with. You could probably make an abstract game, or something like Hexagon.

I don't know what the Pricker Patch Kids are, and google isn't turning anything up, so you might have to ask Higoten about that one.
If my themes are that bad, I'm gonna take a 0 on theme usage.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:

I quit lololol

OMG...and I was complaining of my topics ahhahahaah.
Well mine are shitty as well T_T

Untitled
Yeah, i was going to participate with a friend but these themes are just stupid.

Maybe next year.
but these themes are just stupid.

Eh, just ignore the themes. Seems like almost everybody I've talked to is going to.

I preferred Oasis' themes. They were limitations. Limitations breed innovation.
Yeah, I'm debating about entering and just ignoring the themes or not. I may, but hmm Oasis? I think he might of been the one that ran the one where I (albeit poorly) made Captive, if so his themes were awesome.

I was expecting themes more like, I don't know uhh... Dark room, cats, tragedy, car theft. Vague and/or weird stuff we could view in tons of ways.

Limitations are even better though. I have to agree with them breeding innovation, because just look at a lot of the games on SNES.
In my opinion the themes are what make these fun, though.
Kumorii:

Your new themes are: (unofficially)

Household pests.
What fourth wall?
Office supplies.

Go.
Wow was thinking about joining but seeing the themes people are getting thats a no go.
Higoten said the themes are open to interpretation. Stop complaining and interpret them.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
Higoten said the themes are open to interpretation. Stop complaining and interpret them.

I did some digging, and came to the conclusion that it's telling me to quit. :c
Protip: If you aren't taking part, that's cool. Just don't kill the event because of your theme selection.

The point is to make a game in 24 hours. Make a game in 24 hours. Work the themes in if you can, but if you can't, it's only one category. If you spend all your time complaining/not developing because you don't like your themes, you'll blow all categories.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Protip: If you aren't taking part, that's cool. Just don't kill the event because of your theme selection.

Gotta have alittle humor :)

The point is to make a game in 24 hours. Make a game in 24 hours. Work the themes in if you can, but if you can't, it's only one category. If you spend all your time complaining/not developing because you don't like your themes, you'll blow all categories.

Some people can multitask! I'm great at complaining, listening to youtube, posting comments, and getting parts of rips to interact with each other, AND claiming as if I knew how to program!

In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
I'm great at complaining, listening to youtube, posting comments, and getting parts of rips to interact with each other, AND claiming as if I knew how to program!

Sound's like you'd be all set for the 'Questionable Objectives' theme. ;)

I kind of like the 'broken circles' one myself. Sort of hoping that winds up being one of mine.
I don't have allocated time to do this until like Tuesday or Wednesday, but I'm getting slightly stressed out about how this is going to turn out from what others have been complaining about.

But hey, client.color is actually pretty neat. That sort of functionality would have helped me ages ago when trying to make MicrORPG in DM. I could possibly get back into it on this platform, but I have some time and energy invested in another language on the project.

I suppose you could use a stopwatch and time yourself throughout the week to develop your thing and just not go over 24 hours of development time. It defeats being able to use the themes until you've punched in, but it does help you with being able to manage your time without needing to allocate a whole 24 hours at a time.
In response to Kozuma3
-Broken circles

Just make a Hunt the Wumpus clone.

In response to SuperAntx
SuperAntx wrote:
-Broken circles

Just make a Hunt the Wumpus clone.

Wat?
I’m glad that everyone is settling in on their topics. As you may have noticed, most of them require a fair share of interpretation, some of which you won’t find on Google.

Since "The pricker patch kids" seems to be a thorny subject, allow me to explain some possibilities. A pricker is another word for briars, or a thorn bush. That would suggest that a pricker patch is a large collection of thorn bushes. So the pricker patch kids could be used in a game where kids try to navigate though a thorny maze, or a group of young animal rights activists plant thorns to deter hunters from hunting animals. The topic is also a play on the cabbage patch kids (baby dolls) or the sour patch kids (candy), piggy backing on these is an option. You could go on the other end of the spectrum and have baby goats made out of thorn bushes...

Remember that you only need to use one topic, there are no bonuses (apart from bragging rights) for using all three.

Good luck and have fun!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6