ID:1947183

Have any of you played the haven and hearth update? They really hit the botting hard this time =O
do they have servers that aren't made out of duct tape and sinew yet?
Been playing it, it's a lot better now. It still eventually turns into a quality grind though, which I no longer find acceptable as the game is essentially no longer free to play.

If they want to keep charging people money to play, they really need to work on the game a lot more.
In response to Vrocaan
Nope.

It still eventually turns into a quality grind though

That happens every world though. It's pretty much a model of economics. People want the best stuff, so it becomes a quality grind. Though I don't see where you get the "charging people to play" thing from.
In response to Lugia319
http://www.havenandhearth.com/portal/store\

You literally need to pay to play for longer than 24 hours.
Rip. As a graduate student I don't even have the time to spend on it.

That said, most of the community believes it's a joke.

EDIT: Reading through, people are saying that they took down the pay2play because no one was buying that fish. All's well that ends well.
In response to Lugia319
It is still pay to play. You get 7 hours free a week, which for a game like Haven and Hearth is nothing. After that you continue playing you have to pay a subscription fee.
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
It is still pay to play. You get 7 hours free a week, which for a game like Haven and Hearth is nothing. After that you continue playing you have to pay a subscription fee.

Yeah, I read the store page. But there are reports of people saying that they didn't pay but just sat logged in for 24 hours+

P2P doesn't make sense on the scale it's defined in HnH anyway because what if you're in the middle of a fight and it runs out? What if you're in the middle of a ram run and it runs out? It's just not the type of game for that.
In response to Lugia319
No one says it has to make sense. Haven't most of the team moved on to that other project, anyways?