ID:194728

I was trying make a tactics style turn base game like FFT while ago i started these but since i never got a coder i decided to kill it,i still add on to it from time to time,just wondering how if they anygood Cheers :D
I haven't seen you post any ads searching for a programmer.
In response to SuperAntx
i have another key but the game idea is dead so no need for a coder i think i might just let anyone making might make a turn base game like this that might find them useful
very nice if you add all this kind of stuff in your game, would really bring the world, environment to life.
In response to MademanOne
I wouldn't give up, a tactics engine isn't too difficult to make. Actually, it's quite simple after you understand how some of the core mechanics work.

I'd say a good 85% of work comes from drawing all the pixel art.
In response to SuperAntx
well i can only draw but unlike some of they awesome,my abilities are limited >_<...and i cant code i dont understand the coding language,ive tryed but like i said any one creating a game that can put these to good use may use them,ill create more as i come up with more
I could continue working on the engine.

Decadence has been completed for some time now and most of my current work involves simple bug fixing and trying to get the website running again. I can't find an artist to work on new maps but there's not much else I can do besides posting on pixel art forums and talking on IRC. There are a few other BYOND projects I've been looking at but they're either stuck in development hell, don't provide me with enough creative freedom, or have members of the team busy with other stuff.

If you're ready to jump right back in and create the necessary artwork we could definitely turn out a full game in no time.
In response to SuperAntx
sure i guess,just tell me what we will need(like sizes if ur making leveled areas),also i'm not very good at imagining/coming up with ideas(not very imaginative person)so if u have any ideas for artwork just let me know,also idk how u want it to look but i've been working toward a cartoony feel,I already created a castle gate took a bit of work but i think came out nice
Those are nice I would love to see a game made with these!
Way too messy and way too much random placed pixels, you really should improve it and experiment with making textures instead of creating chaotic shapes and lines hoping this time it will be IT :P Almost all of those looks like WIPs. But im not saying tileset is bad, i like the effect and think it really gots potential. Just needs a bit more work.
In response to Egor
yea i know but i want it too look cartoony not too realistic,but what do u mean by line hoping,like on the fallen tree?

to create texture u need to use right combination of colors to work of each other EI:grays,browns,and purples for stone
i have a hard time with color

well thanks for the thx for the advice ill try work on my pixeling as i create more
I just meant it seems really random :) And you wont get cartoonish style (which you get using low ammount of shades and making the image clean) this way for sure, it seems like more realistic to me instead of cartoony :)

ok im just wondering what u guys think of these this is what i came up with,Iso bases really to get angle right,so any C&C(i posted here in showroom didnt wanna create another page in WIP)

Oh man, what a mess again (talking about shading).. I doubt you want to hear critique, coz you dont really take it into account. Also you used boring colors, should be changed :) The angle is wrong, doesnt really look like 3/4 perspective :)
In response to Egor
lol MB,nah its hard to make Iso perspective bases,and well colors i just suck at making a good pallet for skin or any thing really,i also fix it up a bit so>_< but im fearful to post it since ur just gonna tear me up again :D
I don't think you sucked at picking the right pallet for skin =), well the right one atleast. You just kinda did a bad job with the shading on them. More importantly, the angle is off, and that should be fixed first.
If you suck at making good pallete, just go to pixeljoint.com or site like that and examine best works. Look at them on zoom and examine every color.

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/58823.htm?sec=date <- interesting pallete example. See? Expect of just changing brighness, you can experiment with changing hue and saturation also. Those darker parts like cold colors, of course not always, but often (http://www.wayofthepixel.net/pixelation/upload/features/ 06_johnnyspade/rzrfallu.png - heres another example. See how it changes from cold purple to warm yellow?). Just experiment, you will manage it for sure.

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/58739.htm?sec=showcase <- example how to shade smooth and clean. You dont really need much colors if you know how to operate them well :)

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/58699.htm?sec=showcase <- next work with great colors :)

http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?ob=rating <- and a lot more :P

And man, im just trying to help :) I can stop, just say a word :P
In response to Egor
nah its cool thanks Egor,hey that last link has Andrew's shark,what are good sites for texture?

Jump

Throw

V-Swing

Walking

Yes i know egor i need fix the shading ect. but for now this is just sub once im done with most of the icons ima go back and fix the ones that need it,im having a hard time with Horizontal Swing >_<

i decided to trash my tile set i had previously made and made another :D looks much better
Page: 1 2