In response to Aeon Games Inc
Aeon Games Inc wrote:
Jlxati wrote:
jajajajaja! ikr akto ...people nowadays, demeaning your respectful-self...
my pervert eye is now turning your base into female bases smh..gj gj :o.
But in a dimension where you..say did unleash ur perv side, and did happened to draw nami.., make sure you give her curves; adddddd moaaarr curves(f****** curves @.@) and long hair her like her new version ...and dnt forget the new double G boobs...yah...can't forget those....
But obviously you would never do such a thing!

Your getting a bit to excited over pixel's my friend, try to walk outside and experience life for a few moments then return.

Rofl..
In response to Jlxati
Dude, it's pixel art. If you want something to get off to just watch the anime, she grew a chest size with each episode.

I took a screenshot of the fat guy... yes he is naked. No he isn't in the game.. it's an iconstate.(That needs editing :P)
In response to Moonlight Memento
Moonlight Memento wrote:
Dude, it's pixel art. If you want something to get off to just watch the anime, she grew a chest size with each episode.

Lol what?

@ Akto, you never answered my question pertaining to the hud. Is everyone in the game a strawhat?
In response to Pmitch
It was more or less in reference to the guy acting like he's only going to play this game because of the art... it's BYOND, you're not finding anything to get off to, unless Falacy decides to resurrect an old game.
In response to Pmitch
Nope :D

^^Was my answer^^

I did respond...with a detailed responce about the game.
In response to Akto
WooooW! A One Piece game!!! FINALLY!!! And it actually LOOKS GOOD!!! Keep it up brah! Lol.
In response to Akto
Damn akto.... you had so much time to improve and get back into pixel art but you're still not up to date :(

You think after a few weeks you can improve a lot of these works but you didn't lol

The hud can revamp and lose some colors while the lines can be fixed, I believe it's called pixel art because you use the pencil tool and you place each dot correctly man lol.

I suggest finishing up and adding details and shadows. Overall the whole thing needs a lot more work than you think. Including the base, don't pull that "it's anime" shit on me, we both well know now it's not about the preferences of how you like it. Stop half assing your work and try. Simple shading is a partially boring and dull unless you use NES color with some high contrast :D

In response to Mesmerise
-So much time?... its been a week. I have classes... right now this is just a small hobby for my free time.

-Yes, the HUD can use some work... that's why I have been fixing it. Thank you for the help on that one.

-Shading.. obviously. Like I said before the trees were a place holder... just so I could see the size and position of them in game.

-Are you really gonna start with my base... I'm all good if your gonna comment and help with anatomy.

-I believe its called Pixel art because you use pixels to make art and art is an expression of its creator. Personally, I love the lack of shading on my base.. and the fact that I used probably 5 colors to make it. All the people that I have let into my little test room have said that they love the style of the base. Art is different for every artist. I'm not like you who likes to bulk on colors and make my base muscular to hell.

I appriciate your help but I can't help the feeling that everytime you post... I wanna kill babies.
In response to Akto
The base is actually attractive man. Multiple people in my classroom right now think it looks good by just looking at my computer screen right now lol. I don't think you need to even put anymore focus on the actual base right now... later on when animating it, you would need to pay attention to proportion, and actually making it look fluid and attractive too. However... right now, just worry about the environmental elements. Yeah, an anime style WILL be different from a realistic style, in regards to shading. People don't understand that here. Why do you think Art teachers say "We don't want you drawing Cartoons and Anime in here"? They know the style is different from the realistic style, both line wise AND shading.

Well, anyway...yeah looking good so far brah. I think Nami could use a "little" bit if a shift, lol. Other than that, I like how you have a big guy base o_o! Lol, I thought I was the only one thinking about different body types in my game! He actually looks good too!Just make sure to animate him good though lol. I hope you get more time to work :p! I'm dealing with the same thing too, lol. College is NO JOKE @_@ haha.

I look forward to seeing what else you do :)!
In response to ShadowiceTeam
The base is really nice, he's a bit skinny. You should add a bit of meat on him so he doesn't look like spaghetti, just with a human color.
In response to Akto
Longer than a week bud, last you logged onto msn was 9/22 and you posted this on 9/13 pretty sure way longer than 2 weeks already.

Before you even start on the base, try to start on the turf/environment work knowing you those are one of your weak points.

Yea, i'ma start with your base, by telling you, it should look better far better. The anatomy looks far off where the hell is his chin? What wrong with his foot? Why is his leg stance like he's ready to get kicked in the groin? Shading wise, you got colors not needed. When have my bases become muscular to hell? I'm not making muscles babies dude you can check my work, i only make it when necessarily, also your colors are 4 colors + trasnparent with an extra 1 color near the hand thats not needed. I use 5-6 colors might i add.

Everytime you draw something makes me wanna kill myself.
In response to Mesmerise
Lets keep it civil here, thankyou.
In response to Mesmerise
Lol, okay okay okay. I think that's enough. His art style is different from yours, I get that. Just try to help him with any environment work. Just leave his base alone hahaha xD. It's good for what it's based on. I think there should be more help towards the trees. Like, fixing the trunk a bit, and actually filling out the lines. Think of Pixel Art as painting bro. That's all. Cartoony Styles aren't gonna look realistic, so shading is the way to bring it out. So don't try to add realistic details to the environment, but just use the correct color combinations. That should work...
In response to ShadowiceTeam
I'm not gonna lie... the base is fine the way it is. Yes Akto COULD improve it.. but this is HIS style, and it works. I'm really picky with 2D graphics, so for me to even be alright with his choice of concept with the simple color scheme.. I think he did a great job. So telling him he needs to do this, he needs to do that.... is just plain dumb. Don't be mad cause he stylin' on you. Stop struggling and maybe you'll be happy. Get your bars up.
Been busy... but I made something new! :P

Ummm... its like 12 AM... and I took some sleeping pills... sooo I'm alittle... dead. lol
Anyways, looks good I think... might have to change a few of my colors now but that's for when I wake up.

- Changed the trees... I added a random light color.. makes the trees... POP!
- Oh look Akto's first building.... eh... I think it looks good.
- Darker grass aswell...
- Probably other things, I am to tired to remember! D:

Comment and crits! Welcome... unless its about my base's shading... or colors... then I don't want to hear it.(read it)
Honestly, with all the complications and restarting... About a year.
In response to Akto
Hey Akto, I made a small edit of the shape and shading on the base @:
In response to Tor Crowley
As much as I want to choke you for doing exactly what I said not to do.... I like the look of your edit.

I shall see which the people like better... soo... people... which?

Spread legs.... or.... Straight legs?
In response to Akto
I think you shouldn't ask the people, they're not the ones doing the effort. As far as your game goes, gameplay-wise, if its enjoyable, such details wont be noticed. As for the work iself, with spread legs the walk animation asks for 3-4 frames while from straight only 2, Ask yourself now, if you want more work or less or in other terms should the animation be smooth or not. Rembember you chose to go over 32x32 thefore the trick with 32x32 wont look good on your size.

What I'd do is to use both the spread and straight. Spread for idle stand, and straight used in movement in conjunction with the two standard frames.
Page: 1 2 3 4