In response to Tor Crowley
Yeah, I like that idea... both it is. :P
In response to Akto
Akto wrote:
Been busy... but I made something new! :P

Ummm... its like 12 AM... and I took some sleeping pills... sooo I'm alittle... dead. lol
Anyways, looks good I think... might have to change a few of my colors now but that's for when I wake up.

- Changed the trees... I added a random light color.. makes the trees... POP!
- Oh look Akto's first building.... eh... I think it looks good.
- Darker grass aswell...
- Probably other things, I am to tired to remember! D:

Comment and crits! Welcome... unless its about my base's shading... or colors... then I don't want to hear it.(read it)

I'm no artist but, shouldn't the trees' shadows be in the same direction (light source at two angle's), as along with the direction of the leaves (wind blowing opposite?)?
In response to Teh Governator
Yeah, they are just flipped.
In response to Akto
Mmm...he has a good point though, you should at least fix the shadows.
In response to Aristotl3
What I meant in my last post was... They are being fixed. Right now they are just flipped... I have to make them work with the day and night system.
In response to Akto
Oh okay, I got ya.
Update! o.o

(The base has changed since this screenshot was taken... so its alittle different...)

- Box pallete changed to match (Looks alot better)
- Inn changed and fixed up more
- NEW! Wanted posters!(The faces change... I was the only one on... soo...)
- NEW! Starter NPC (Captian Borbos)
- NEW! Seagulls (Need work, so they don't all move in the same animation)
- NEW! Territory flag! (Some people know what this does! :D)
In response to Akto
oh man! does the flag wave? and to be honest I don't see those white dots as seagulls lol, maybe its just the state your showing?
In response to Aristotl3
ok, i figured asking the question would make you atleast think about your decision on this. But ill just say it this time.

If not everyone is a strawhat, or even a pirate in this game, why...are the lifebars on the hud featuring the strawhat cross and bones? Wouldnt it be better to go with something more generalized when considering each respectable group(pirates marines bountyhunters etc.)
In response to Pmitch
Or have it vary depending on who they are! Would make for more "personalized" game play, right off the bat.
In response to Pmitch
I think he chose that because it's the logo of the anime/manga? It's like having a Dragonball as a logo or something.
In response to Jordan11
not quite. Its more like having super saiyan as a transformation for all races. In one piece you have the marines, each pirate crew has thier own flag, then you have bounty hunters and bandits. Marines have thier own flag aswell.
In response to Pmitch
Ah. Alright. I don't know much about One Piece.
In response to Pmitch
@PMitch-
The lifebars are the same but the HUD changes depending on what side you pick... I am always pirate so it always shows up as that HUD. I'll take a screenshot of the other HUDs for you guys. Don't know why I didn't do it before.. lol.

@Arist-
Yes it waves... and the seagulls look f*cked up in that picture... It was mid-flap...
In response to Akto
yeah but will all pirates have the strawhat cross and bones? or a more generic, or more customizable one?
In response to Pmitch
You want too much out of a HUD, Pmitch. And for something that's there just for aesthetics, it's way too big, but that's my opinion.

Btw, is there any usage for the scars? I see that the character with the pirate hat in the last screen you posted has one scar. The game will probably have clothes, so 99% of the time the scar will be hidden. It signifies devil fruits/something at all? Or just more aesthetics[this time 99% of the time unnoticeable xD]

The doors to the Inn look unfinished, so this is more of a reminder in case you forgot about em: more details. And the boxes need some work on them. It's hard[at least for me] to make out that they're boxes.

Regarding the sand, I think the tiles should be the other way around. The one line of sand near the water should be the one darker[wet from waves] and the lines further away from the water lighter[not wet from waves].
In response to Moonlight Memento
Hahah Hentai Heaven or something of the sort
In response to Charliehorse
Hey nice DP
In response to Akto
Mhmm I like it, but you made all those shadows and forgot how to shade a square object (boxes, hmm the roof included too). Right now each side of the box has the same 'light ammount' when the topper wall should be brighter than the front one. Those all are just cosmetic changes, but it will improve overall look for sure :)

sorry if i made ay mistakes, my english got a bit rusty :P <
Page: 1 2 3 4